Will interpret written requirements and technical specifications for software solutions to business problems. Will develop software based on the technical specifications. Will analyze and investigate problems with software solutions that have been reported by clients and document the results of their investigation(s). Will perform maintenance of software and correct defects that have been identified during the maintenance process. Will run unit tests on software they create, implement test plans, test harnesses and document the test results. Will investigate and suggest solutions to defects and problems with software solutions that have been detected during testing. Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Linux or Windows system administration, troubleshooting and tuning.
- Development experience in one or more of programming languages such as .net, powershell, java, python, bash.
- Knowledge of one or more of SQL, NoSQL databases.
- Knowledge of IP networking including TCP,UDP, DNS, DHCP, firewalls, IP routing, etc.
- Knowledge of distributed systems and messaging architectures.
- Working knowledge of Open source tools Kafka, Splunk, Influx, Grafana, etc.
location: Chicago, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $63.00 - 79.48 per hour
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.