job summary: Responsibilities:
- Work on big data platforms, data ingestions, and full stack development
- Designing scalable implementations of the models developed by our reverse engineering teams
- Hands-on programming based on TDD in a collaborative programming environment
- Deploying data pipelines in production based on Continuous Delivery practices
- 2+ years coding experience with JVM based languages (Java, Scala, Clojure)
- 2+ years hands-on experience working on HDFS, Java MapReduce, Oozie etc.
- 2+ years SQL
- 2+ JUnit but prefer any BDD framework experience like JBehave or Spock
- 1+ Spark coding experience
- 1+ Scala SQL experience
- stackoverflow, github profile, i.e. evidence of community contributions
- Prior experience building ETL
- Hortonworks experience/certification
- Hive, Tez, etc.
location: Washington, Washington, D.C.
job type: Contract
salary: $49.50 - 61.75 per hour
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.