looking for exceptional software engineers in the Provider Data and Analytics space. In this role, you will help deliver the vision of a Corporate Data Warehouse coupled with reporting and analytic processes that deliver meaningful insights. Optimally you're a Pythonista with significant Data experience, thorough understanding of object oriented programming, DevOps practices, and also comfortable working on Agile scrum teams in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Provide technical expertise through a hands-on approach to team projects, developing solutions for Teradata, Hadoop, and Reporting and Analytics use cases.
- Function as a hands-on member of the Provider data scrum team.
- Maintain a deep involvement with application development and implementation processes utilizing a thorough understanding of object oriented programming, available technology, tools and existing designs
- Perform project delivery functions in support of Data / Insights; Analytics and Reporting delivery. Responsible for delivery of medium to high complexity project work Maintain in-depth knowledge of IM tools and data sources.
5+ years' experience with:
- Demonstrated experience in software development and development lifecycle methodologies
- Experienced in Object Oriented Design and Development patterns
- Expertise in Python development
- Experience in big data (Hadoop), HIVE, Oozie, Sqoop , working knowledge of Spark, Scala, PySpark, Java
- Good working knowledge of databases (Teradata) and SQL concepts
- Agile Engineering Practices and tools like as Jenkins, UDeploy
- Test Driven Development
- Continuous Integration
- Continuous Delivery
- Pair Programming
- Developed using TDD (Test Driven Methodology) and worked on automated deployments
- Demonstrated experience working independently with limited direction
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
Candidate should have :
- A passion for healthcare and the potential for technology to improve people's lives
- The aptitude to deliver enterprise or customer-facing applications in a variety of scenarios
- A deep understanding of environmental constraints to implementing and deploying differing application solutions
- Proven track record of quality software development and an ability to innovate outside of traditional architecture/software patterns when needed
- A desire to collaborate in a high-performing team environment, and an ability to influence and be influenced by others
- Experience in helping distilling complex ideas into an architectural and implementation plan, and then proving it out
- The ability to critically evaluate the trade-offs and implementation impacts of emerging vs. more established technologies
location: Bloomfield, Connecticut
job type: Contract
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.