Cloud Messaging Engineer
Randstad Technologies is looking for a Cloud Messaging Engineer for a full-time perm hire position for a top client in Cary, NC.
Reporting to the Director, Core Engineering the role is responsible for delivering, managing and enhancing the company's cloud messaging capabilities via the Microsoft Office 365 platform. The Cloud Messaging Engineer will primary by focused on the administration of our messaging systems and will also be part of a cross functional team which provides solution design and third tier support to a variety of enterprise solutions. This includes, but not limited to, MS Office 365, Skype for Business, Okta (single sign-on and AIM), server, storage and Cloud IaaS technologies. He/she will work closely with global infrastructure, global information security, global applications, and program management teams to implement future messaging and collaboration enhancements in all geographies. The role will also be involved in the implementation of security controls, disaster recovery solutions, and IT policies and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring the quality and consistency of PSP's MS Office 365 tenant. Own the deployment and enhancement of Office 365 throughout all of PSP.
- Responsible for the delivery and maintenance of online messaging and collaboration solutions that are highly available, scalable and meet business needs.
- Verify stability, interoperability, portability, security, or scalability of system architecture; guide technical design activities related to Office 365 to ensure design intent is clear and infrastructure impact is clearly understood.
- Drive standardization and consolidation of infrastructure as a service components within all regions.
- Assist with the architecture, configuration, deployment and service of network and system monitoring and analysis tools, Identity and Access Management platforms and DLP systems.
- Lead projects with international team members
- Devise creative solutions to critical online messaging and communications needs as well as end-user computing
- Provide guidance and support to team members proactively anticipating and overcoming obstacles
- Set high standards to achieve objectives
- Provide business sponsors and Information Technology leadership with regular project performance status, variances to plan, and identification of corrective actions (if required)
- Function as an "internal consultant" around areas of Office 365 expertise, focusing specifically on IaaS initiates. Responsible for reviewing sites globally for adherence to security policies, entitlement reviews, and user provisioning methodologies.
- Assist and train users.
- Create and coordinate documentation (around processes, support steps and training).
- Research and evaluate alternatives for the enhancement or re-engineering of IT architecture.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in related area (ex. Computer Science, Business, Engineering, Information Systems) or 7+ years of experience in Information Technology.
- 5+ years infrastructure work experience required; with a global company preferred.
- Coordinating cross-functional infrastructure projects.
- Demonstrated, progressive hands on experience with Microsoft Office 365, Exchange Online, Share Point, One Drive and PowerShell.
- Progressive experience with server and storage technologies, access and identity management platforms and cloud infrastructure as a service (IaaS) technologies and methodologies.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory as it applies to Exchange, to include account federation.
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge of MS Outlook, Skype for business, and other messaging and collaboration tools and applications.
- Proven experience architecting and maintaining solutions across the spectrum of hosted, outsourced and cloud computing.
- Proven experience in troubleshooting and resolving complex authentication, authorization and integration problems.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills.
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience with Azure/Office 365 highly preferred.
- Windows, Virtualization (VMWare and Hyper-V), mobile computing, Outlook Web Access & ActiveSync experience preferred.
- Previous experience with Okta highly preferred.
- Strong background in Microsoft applications and delivery systems as well the databases and data transport layers required to connect them.
- Previous experience supporting messaging on Apple/Android/Windows Phone mobile devices is a plus.
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) is a plus.
- Working knowledge of IT security best practices in respect to cloud computing.
- Working knowledge of principles, best practices, architectures, tools and processes of cloud computing:
- ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) experience - Incident Management, Problem Management, Request Fulfillment, and Change/Configuration Management.
location: Cary, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $105,000 - 130,000 per year
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.