Solution Architect - Solutions plays a dual role of supporting the Enterprise Architecture Governance team and as solution architects on projects that will require architectural solution design/development.
Creates architectural solutions that articulate the business context, conceptual design, and component-level logical design.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Assists with preparing roadmaps, phased approaches to accomplish a long term plan
- Participates in the project planning activities for the project or activity
- Provides status reporting as necessary (may be defined by the domain, project, etc.)
- Promotes adherence to Domain and Enterprise Architectural direction, standards and guidelines
- Adheres to the enterprise Product Evaluation and Acquisition Process
- Provides communication and documentation of architectural impacts and risks to the appropriate parties
- Shares project architecture details with the rest of the architecture community via domain architecture reviews, architecture assurance boards.
- Provides technical consulting and troubleshooting throughout project life cycle
- Supports other architects by participating/coordinating in domain architecture reviews and architecture assurance boards
- Participates in project related research and development
- Coaches and mentors general architectural patterns, standards, guidelines, issues, etc
- Participates in project meetings as needed
- Conducts and attends design, code inspections and peer reviews as needed
- Serves as a liaison between architectural sub-teams
- Assists in identifying and documenting architectural impacts to existing systems
- Identifies opportunities for component reuse
- Provides architectural support for Operational Readiness activities
- Engages support areas as needed (e.g. Infrastructure, DBA, Network, HL7 Messaging, etc)
- Maintains architectural documentation between SDLC phases and as appropriate
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, systems analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience.
- Five to seven years of experience in at least two IT disciplines in a client/server or service-oriented architecture (SOA) environment, including technical architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management or operations.
- 3-5 years of experience as a solution architect
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of all components of an enterprise technical architecture.
- Knowledge of business process re-engineering principles and processes.
- Basic knowledge of financial models and budgeting.
- Strong understanding of network architecture and application development methodologies.
- Strong understanding of SOA, micro-services, object-oriented analysis and design
- Understanding of the enterprise's political climate and how to navigate the political waters.
- Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations.
- Ability to translate business needs into solution architecture requirements.
- Ability to estimate the financial impact of solution architecture alternatives.
- Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems.
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
- High skill with capacity planning and analysis.
- High level of understanding of long-range strategies High Availability and business continuity.
- Familiarity with disaster recovery strategies.
- Advanced knowledge in system analysis & design
- Programming in one or more languages
- Knowledge of RDBMS such as SQL server, Sybase etc.
- Conceptual & functional knowledge of HTTP, Web Services, Network & Firewall
- Familiarity with EMRs, Integration engines, data warehousing platforms
- Experience with Healthcare IT environment
- Preference is with Appian. Appian is also UI/UX. So it's critical for Appian
- One as a solution architect, one is an application architect (a little junior).
- BPM workflow.
- Must have development experience
- Expected to communicate and present to exec leadership.
- Interact with various teams.
- Be able to document reusable patterns. Make architecture part of DNA.
location: Chicago, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 140,000 per year
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.