job summary: DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
In this position you will be developing embedded network stack software. This includes the following:
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- Reading and learning the functionality of existing software, fixing bugs and integrating new features.
- Maintaining existing test software and creating new test software.
- Conducting analysis of reported bugs by capturing and analyzing packet traces.
- Referring to networking RFCs as needed.
- Creating and maintaining design, test and user documentation as needed.
- B.S. in Computer Science
- At least 3 years' experience developing in C or C++.
- Solid understanding of synchronization mechanisms such as events, mutex, locks, and semaphores
- Willing and able to learn more about networking protocols, on the job
- Knowledge and/or experience of standard network protocols (TCP/IP, TLS/SSL, HTTP, HTTPS).
- Understanding of POSIX socket API.
- Experience developing or debugging multithreaded software.
- Experience with real-time and/or embedded systems with constrained resources.
- Able to use network protocol analyzer for software/coding validation and debugging/troubleshooting.
- Low-level device driver development
- Multiprocessor/multi-core software
location: Redmond, Washington
job type: Contract
salary: $65 - 75 per hour
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.