job summary: Position Summary:
The Manager of Software Engineering is responsible for the direction and management of one software engineering department (~12 engineers) within the overall software engineering team for the Global Radar Platforms division. In this role, we anticipate the successful candidate will bring experience in the areas of organization, tools, process, and leadership. Specific Duties:
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements:
- Lead a Software team in the design, development, test, and verification of framework and signal processing software work packages
- Collaborate with peer managers and global project leaders to drive execution
- Provide team with training and development to drive productivity and engagement
- Deliver overall projects and radar roadmap
- Ensure team and associated work supports and Industry Standard development frameworks such as ASPICE and ISO 26262
- Foster and facilitate Agile methodologies
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- BS in Computer Science, or related discipline, Masters degree preferred
- 10+ years software engineering experience with at least 3-5 years of hands on engineering leadership / line management
- Demonstrated knowledge of electronic design and assembly, test systems, test methodologies, use of test equipment, and systems and software validation and verification
- Knowledge of CMMI and/or ASPICE software development assessment process required
- Fully skilled in Microsoft Office programs such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and problem-solving skills required
- Proven leadership in general management, including planning, financials, process development, and cost tracking is preferred
- Experience in the automotive and/or radar industry is a plus.
location: Lowell, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $140,000 - 160,000 per year
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.