An accomplished Senior IT Systems Engineer
will ensure that all server systems (e.g., hardware, storage, software) are operating as efficiently and productively as possible. Monitors performance on servers and related systems and takes corrective action when necessary. Installs new servers, upgrades existing servers, custom written software, and other software as necessary. Conducts troubleshooting investigations and performs configuration changes as required. Recommends and implements new technologies. Essential Functions:
- Maintains Windows Server systems and takes appropriate action to ensure excellent performance and availability. Develops, tests, and implements technical improvements to system configuration and operation following change control processes
- Develop scripts to enhance the daily operation and maintenance of production and test systems
- Investigates, configures and tests new technologies for use and deployment in the production environment
- Complete forms or update configuration databases to reflect all changes affecting the equipment or software inventories (for example, after equipment installations, software installations, or equipment moves)
- Implement and follow processes to ensure the security of all systems and data
- Design, implement, and execute appropriate standardized procedures to ensure system health and provide reports or logs as required
- Manages assigned projects and completes in a timely manner. Able to execute on some project management in leadership capacity.
- Provide third-tier support to Support Center. Complete work necessary to resolve assigned Incident tickets within service windows and updates information in the Support Center system to completely describe ticket resolution. Refer problems to level three service providers as required.
- Follow department change and configuration management procedures
- Able to lead, teach and influence the work of others as an experienced member of the team.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call support rotation
- Occasional travel may be required.
Great to haves:
- Five (5) to seven (7) years Windows system administration experience required (2008 and 2012 preferred).
- Strong Scripting experience (HM to address further to on intake call).
- Strong skills in Windows performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Expert knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy management required.
- Expert knowledge of DNS, WINS and DHCP required.
- Prefer some experience with Microsoft Exchange and mail routing/filtering.
- Citrix and/or Remote Desktop Services experience preferred.
- Expert knowledge of hardware maintenance and installation.
- Some experience with storage systems as it relates to server installation and support.
- VMWare administration preferred.
- Symantec Netbackup experience is a plus.
- Microsoft certification or course work preferred (MCSE/MCITP)
location: High Point, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 55 per hour
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.