job summary: Unity Developer needed for Contract Opportunity with Randstad Technologies client in Redmond WA
This team is responsible for pioneering innovative commercial experiences, and works with customers to help them identify, prioritize, and visualize their first projects using this cutting edge technology. They create alluring and compelling deliverables that help their top customers prepare for enterprise applications. They work with companies in manufacturing, health care, aviation, automotive, defense, consumer goods, entertainment, and more.
Are you a versatile and experienced developer with a background in Unity3D who loves inventing, troubleshooting, and documenting tools and workflows? Do you excel at solving problems and working with peers from technical development, production, art, and design?
Our client is seeking an enthusiastic and well-spoken developer to make significant contributions to early stage prototyping and future development scope pitching.
- Developing prototype experiences that smoothly bridge digital and real environments
- Creating, leading, and maintaining technical aspects of the art pipeline
- Partnering with creative, business, and video leads to deliver needed technical advancements
- Collaborating closely with a talented cross-discipline team to define and build commercial user experiences and prototypes
- Seeking and integrating feedback from peers, leads, and partners
- Giving appropriate feedback and providing unique solutions to improve the creative process in a collaborative environment
- Being a source for positivity and creativity within the team
- Meeting project deadlines set by project leads
- Extensive relevant experience in professional development with Unity programming and C# or C++
- Experience with the Unity engine (not just scripting within Unity), e.g. prefabs, uGUI (preferable), etc.
- Good debugging skills
- Ability to independently problem solve: dig in, isolate, fix and communicate solutions and timeline
- Proficient in Maya and Unity3D
- Good understanding of transforms, 3D math, and spatial reasoning
- Past examples of rapid prototyping user-interfaces with limited engineering support
- Good communication and partner management skills
- Experience in gameplay engineering (AI, effects, physics, graphics, networking)
- Comfortable in a fast-paced incubation/startup environment and motivated by designing and developing extraordinary experiences
- Strong familiarity with and breadth of knowledge regarding state-of-the-art real-time rendering techniques
- Motivation to stay organized in a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent
- Experience collaborating directly with external customers is a plus
- Experience with video production is a plus
location: Redmond, Washington
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 50 per hour
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.