API Tester (Research)
This is a technical, hands-on position for a super sharp - bright, intelligent, professional and ambitious individual.
These Technical Skills Are A Must
- Strong ETL Testing experience
- Unix shell scripting experience
- SQL experience
- No SQL experience(mongo db)
- Content validation experience
- SoapUI experience
- Strong Java experience
- Drupal experience a definite plus
- 7+ years quality experience with at least 3 years as a lead
- Experience with API , ETL
- Strong shell scripting experience
- Solid relational DB experience (oracle, mysql, etc.) - ability to write complex queries, understanding execution paths, etc.
- NoSQL database experience (mongodb)
- Drupal experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Adept at writing test strategy, test plans
- Ability to work on multiple, concurrent projects
- Develops executes test plans/suites/cases for complex financial platform.
- Must have a proven track record successfully delivering financial applications and have a strong sense of quality ownership
- Strong experience with web application testing tools (prefer open source software such as Selenium)
- Provide documentation to determine release readiness of products or features
- Facilitate project problem solving and troubleshooting of quality issues and oversee defect management
- Creation and execution of test suites, scripts and cases
- Hands on role performing API and ETL Testing
- Requires substantial experience working in global organization.
- Reporting - testing progress, metrics, issues
- Develop templates, tools, metrics and best practices to verify the system meets business and user requirements
- Bachelor's degree MIS, computer science, engineering, financial, other technical field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 10 years Quality assurance testing experience testing complex, critical financial applications a must
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Adaptable, able to learn at an accelerated pace
- Independently focus on multiple initiatives
- Experience working in agile environment & testing financial services web applications.
- Interpret requirements and translate them into actionable tests
- Experience using Agile toolset Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket etc
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $95,000 - 100,000 per year
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.