The Business Applications DBA is responsible for being hands-on working, managing and maintaining Database and Applications related to Oracle E-Business Suite R12.1.3 which includes Finance, Purchasing, Projects Accounting, HRMS, Benefits and Payroll suite of Applications, Oracle SOA (Service Oriented Architecture), OBIEE, Oracle Single Sign-On and other internal applications like ImageNow, AX etc. The position will work very closely with Business Applications Team on day to day production support and enhancement or new implementation projects. The Business Applications DBA will work with the System Team and Network Team on Backup recovery and DR configuration related activities. The position will be part of a professional team of people providing single point of contact for the efficient resolution of end-user application problems and requests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
1. Provide 24-7 availability of Rosendin Business Applications.
2. Available for on-call duty for production support and monitoring.
3. Perform Oracle applications system administration, installation, and patching, cloning and application maintenance activities.
4. Proactive performance monitoring using automated alerts and OEM, reactive troubleshooting, and Oracle database recovery.
5. Subject Matter Expert in diagnosing and resolving Instance performance issues. Ability to tune SQL and PL/SQL.
6. Quarterly Switchover and Switchback activities between Primary and DR servers for Oracle EBS.
7. Support cross-platform, heterogeneous database applications environment that includes Microsoft SharePoint, CIS-AX, Kronos timecard application, & Image Now.
8. Design and deliver Oracle single sign-on solutions.
9. Support OBIEE and Oracle SOA suite middleware platforms.
10. Work with the Business Applications team to support development environment requirements.
11. Support business user community to address client setup, access and performance issues.
12. Be a team player with strong communication & customer service skills with the ability to stay on task when working independently. Must be able to organize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
13. Consistently ensures the team provides the customer with attentive, courteous and informative service. Gains and shows personal satisfaction from delivering great service.
14. The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer/Information Science, or related discipline
· Minimum 3 years of Oracle EBS applications DBA experience in a 24-7 live production environment
· Experience as a lead DBA for new implementations and upgrades
· Experience as Applications DBA in Oracle E-Business Suite version (11i/ R12), SSO (Single Sign-On) implementation experience preferred
· Experience in Oracle SOA Fusion Middleware Application Administration
· Experience in WebLogic Administration and OBIEE Administration
· Overall, Hands-On DBA Experience is a must for this role
· Experience with Oracle RAC, ASM and Grid Infra (11g and 12c) Administration
· Experience with Oracle Public Cloud technologies (IaaS, PaaS)
· Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES :
· Ability to troubleshoot and provide performance tuning of Oracle EBS implementation
· Must be a self-starter, proactive and be able to interface with end users and prioritize issues, and manage user expectations
· Knowledge of standard Microsoft software applications, i.e. Word, Excel, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint and Visio required
· Candidate must possess excellent communication, presentation and troubleshooting skills overall
· Ability to understand and follow standard operating policies and procedures
· Engineering and Construction Related Industry Knowledge
· Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
· Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
· Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
· Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
· Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
· 0 %
· General work environment - sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
· Noise level is usually low to medium
· Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
location: San Jose, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $149,000 - 160,000 per year
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.