Sr. Manager, IT PMO
Our client is looking for a Senior Manager overseeing their PMO located in Memphis, TN. Our client's portfolio of projects keeps growing so their demand is increasing as well but their PMO needs a strong leader who can also be a mentor. The IT projects the PMO manages is 90% SDLC and 10% infrastructure; it would help greatly if the candidates came from an IT PMO background but it is not a hard requirement.
The Senior Manager, PMO leads of team of Project Managers and provides overall management support for inter-related projects within a
portfolio area. This role manages highly complex work streams within a program and will work with the business to define the goals and
objectives for each project. You will collaborate with Department Managers to identify and plan for resources needed to accomplish goals
put forth by the business while maintaining IT security policies. You will also identify, develop, and implement policies, standards, and
procedures that support team activities associated with specific areas of expertise or responsibility, and lead individuals in adhering to and
supporting team procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
1. As the point of contact on assigned projects, performs a variety of highly skilled duties such as: assembling,
coordinating and managing multidisciplinary technical review teams.
2. Facilitates and troubleshoots the myriad of problems associated with developing complex systems or with
coordinating and development, and design projects.
3. Provides highly skilled technical and management advice and assistance to department management and
4. Responds to inquiries about projects.
5. Chairs various project review and pre-submittal meetings.
6. Establishes and maintains liaison as required with clients, stakeholders and leadership.
7. Coordinates schedules of staff and other interested parties.
8. Coordinate multiple projects and / or give direction to multiple project managers for related projects.
9. Leads team of project managers
10. Creates and provides executive level communications for program or project updates
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field required
10+ years of project management experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience
5+ years previous management experience
location: Memphis, Tennessee
job type: Permanent
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.