Business Analyst - Infrastructure Delivery
TITLE: Business Analyst - Infrastructure Delivery
LOCATION: Gaithersburg, MD
DURATION: 6 month contract with possible extension or hire
The Business Analyst will function as an Infrastructure Delivery Project Management functional expert; engaging and providing subject matter expertise to Infrastructure's PMO throughout the development, deployment, and on-going support of projects. (S)he will conduct business analyses and assist in the development of project management processes and iPMO reporting metrics.
- 3 years' work experience with emphasis on project management or business analytics
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience/certifications
- Knowledge of project management methodologies
- Data analysis skills
- Experience in creating business presentations and communications documentation
- Good project management skills
- Strong technical skills/aptitude
- Experience in guiding and advising others
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Assists in the development of processes for Infrastructure's PMO. Works with Infrastructure project managers and enterprise project management teams to analyze and define requirements and metrics for new processesor enhancements to processes.
- Acts as the primary subject matter expert on Infrastructure PMO processes and tools.
- Assists in training Infrastructure's project managers on new processes and tools.
- Documents and manages project management process flows, requirements and guidelines.
- Develops project metrics and reporting to assist Infrastructure's PMO and leadership in understanding performance of project delivery.
- Responds to requests from stakeholders for data and analysis related to portfolio, demand, quality, or project management.
- Completes special projects, as assigned, including ad hoc requests for information and analysis relative to the iPMO initiatives.
- Represents the iPMO as a participant on projects as appropriate.
- Implements best practices around descriptive analytics.
- Applies descriptive analytics to analyze data, validates assumptions, understands results and effectively communicates results.
- Manipulates raw data and understands the ultimate design required to meet business requests.
- Interprets data to recognize patterns and analyze trends.
location: Gaithersburg, Maryland
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 55 per hour
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.