We are currently seeking a Lawson Business Systems Analyst for the Houston, TX area. An ideal candidate will support Lawson and Corporate System applications along with various interfaces / integrations built around those systems. You will work on projects for developing new technical solutions by utilizing technical, analytical and problem solving skills. Job Responsibilities
- Work with IT Leads, IT and Business Users and Vendors to design, construct, implement and support software systems in compliance with company IT policies.
- Monitor, track and report on the status of projects and initiatives as required.
- Consult with business analysts and developers to ascertain common custom development requirements and then transform requirements into technical specifications.
- Work very closely with internal business users and vendors to troubleshoot issues.
- Have the ability to program (code) from written, graphical, or verbal specifications.
- Independently troubleshoot and solve complex technical problems by collaborating with various internal IT resources, vendors, and business users.
- Devise and modify procedures to solve the business problems using IT best practices, keeping in mind the capacity and limitations of the hardware / software, system response time, and form of desired results.
- May be required to work non-traditional hours and respond during non-working hours, especially related to company emergencies.
- 3+ years of direct work experience with Lawson ERP. Must be able to code / configure, test, and deploy screen design and other changes under moderate to minimal supervision.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems is required
- Experience in configuring and scheduling batch jobs using a batch scheduling tool.
- Respond to and resolve day-to-day production issues to minimize the business interruptions.
- Work with various IT groups (DBAs, Infrastructure, Network Security, Telecommunications, etc.) to maintain the current system architecture, and stability.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to initiate and maintain exemplary working relationships with other technology workers and business customers.
- Ability to express complex concepts verbally and in writing to diverse groups of people.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and prioritize work during critical deadline-driven conditions.
- Create and maintain documentation for new and existing technical processes.
- Adhere to and promote company change management and application standards.
- Ability to multitask effectively and meet deadlines.
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, the safety of company assets and employees and the general public.
- Demonstrated ability to continue to learn new skills and share knowledge with others.
- Experience with applications in Finance, Accounting, HR, and Procurement business functions.
- Familiarity and understating of SOX Controls.
- Prior experience with building and automating interfaces / integrations with various 3 rd party vendors and ERP system.
- Experience with Lawson Security Administration.
- Develop IPA Process Flows in Lawson and automate processes for operational excellence.
- Ability to develop software using Microsoft .NET, SQL Server, and Access technology stacks.
- Experience with supporting and maintaining Time Tracking Applications
location: Houston, Texas
job type: Permanent
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.