Back End Developer
What You'll Do
In this highly visible role as a software engineer, you will
- Evaluate modern technologies and platforms.
- Design and implement our cloud platform.
- Help to improve developer experience.
- Working with teams in different geographic locations.
Who You Are
- experience with developing REST-based services
- hands-on experience with micro-service architectures and frameworks
- experience with containers and container orchestration
- experience with designing software to be monitorable in the cloud
- experience with designing software to have logs that enable operations
- experience with designing software that uses cloud-friendly datastores
- experience with designing software that uses complex database operations
- fairly strong experience scripting (bash/python/ruby)
- network programming/troubleshooting experience - able to use wireshark/tcpdump to resolve network issues
- experience with using unit tests to verify functionality
- experience in a DevOps model where development and operations have a close collaboration
- experience with designing software for testability using test framework
- very strong experience in modern distributed source code management tools (git/GitHub)
- experience with code reviews and collaborative development
- experience in sizing user stories and working in a scrum team
- experience in using open source libraries and code
- experience with deploying and operating software solutions into cloud environments such as AWS
- ideal candidate contributes to at least one open source project, and has done major contributions to a project that delivered a complex WebApp cloud service around content management and/or interactive communities
- excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
location: San Jose, California
job type: Contract
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.