Sr. Java / Cobol Applications Programmer
With full competency and with minimal guidance develops and modifies complex applications programs from detailed specifications. Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents those programs. Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications programming activities.
Essential Job Functions
- With minimal guidance, develops cost-effective information technology solutions by creating new or modifying existing software applications.
- Performs all aspects of applications programming and development. Analyzes and validates complex system requirements and existing business processes and information systems. Develops and implements new programs and/or modifications of existing applications. Responsible for the design for new and/or existing systems.
- Codes, tests, debugs, documents, and implements software applications according to standards.
- Develops specifications and programs complex technical modules, applications, prototypes and computer programs.
- Evaluates and provides technical solutions to application development problems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Applications, Electrical Engineering, or Electronics Engineering, or a related field
Preferred Work Experience
- Total 7 - 10 years related experience in IT
- Minimum 7+ years of J2EE and server side Java development experience
- Minimum 7+ years of Mainframe/COBOL experience
- Solid CICS Web Services experience
- Experience with Rest/SOAP Web Services
- Experience with multi-tier distributed systems, SOA
- Database experience
- Financial industry experience
- Experience successfully delivering software systems
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices including secure coding standard, code reviews, source code management, build process, testing, and operations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, design patterns, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complex analysis
- Strong understanding of the latest web technologies and trends
- Solid analytical, problem-solving, design and multitasking skills
- Excellent communication and team orientation skills
- Ability to work effectively across delivery methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to build relationships
- Attention to detail, ability to implement tactically while thinking strategically
- Must possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills