job summary: Description:
As a company that is transitioning from a product company to an experiences company, the Digital Marketing & Consumer Experience (DMCX) Team is driving social media and digital marketing initiatives to put client in direct contact with consumers. These initiatives require a data-driven expert to develop a robust measurement and reporting approach for social campaigns. We are looking for someone who is customer-obsessed and passionate about how to leverage campaign-level data to impact customers at all stages of their journey. We are looking for an out-of-the-box thinker, with a high level of curiosity and drive to uncover meaningful and actionable insights. This role is a critical part of evolving how we reach consumers and continuously improve campaign design and delivery.
As Snr. Analyst, Social Analytics, you will be part of a new team building out a world-class data science and analytics function . In this role, you will partner with the Digital Communities & Media team, integrated marketing teams and business groups to refine and optimize digital media tactics to drive key business objectives and to inform media strategy. In addition, you will have deep experience measuring and setting campaign KPI/benchmarks for social campaigns and activations; as well as help develop a scorecard to evaluate and measure community and channel health and against specific campaigns and initiatives.
The right person for this role will possess strong curiosity and passion for the online marketing space with a deep understanding of digital marketing channels (e.g., display media, video, organic & paid social, organic & paid search, programmatic media, digital attribution).
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Contract
salary: $49.00 - 52.45 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
responsibilities: Responsibilities include:
- Function as an analytic expert on media measurement, KPI & benchmarks setting for media/marketing campaigns and provide actionable insights that will inform future media planning and create consistent approach for campaign performance evaluation
- Work in close partnership with the Social media team to plan out social strategy, advise on campaign efficacy, and guide media targeting
- Provide thought-leadership on marketing/advertising tests and learning agenda to internal team and agencies
- Going beyond the basic data to provide meaningful benchmarks, 'metrics that matter,' to be used for performance evaluation, A/B testing and optimization across different campaigns and media tactics
- Partner directly with external agencies on the reporting and analytics including media, social listening and other marketing activities
- Design and present reports in a visual and compelling format, including gathering & processing data, designing dashboards, in-depth performance analysis, presenting actionable insights & recommendations
- Work closely with internal Social Media team to utilize social listening to design effective media strategies and to measure brand health and sentiment
qualifications: Requirements: Qualifications
- 5-7 years of marketing analytics experience with a specialization in media and social campaign analytics at large agency and/or client-side at a large company
- A deep understanding of cross-channel measurement and KPIs setting
- Proven experience on reporting and analytics across different media channels and media types (e.g., Display, Search, Social, programmatic)
- Existing relationships with key social partners (e.g., LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube)
- Highly proficient in media campaign management and analytics tools/platforms (e.g., DoubleClick, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, IAS, MOAT)
- Expertise in using social listening tools (e.g., Netbase, Sprinklr, Radian6)
- Proven experiences in data processing and analysis among large data sets
- Strong Excel, dashboard design and experience with analytics/statistical tools (e.g. SQL, SAS, SPSS)
- A deep understanding of B2B/B2C social platforms and how brands should play in these spaces (e.g., KPI, benchmarks)
- A proven track record of overseeing social media/digital testing, including methodology, measurement of success, etc.
- Ability to use data to build plans cross functionally working with content teams, digital and social teams to provide actionable insights, drive effective outcomes and inform business decisions and future content strategy
- Comfortable working within a test & learn culture that's known for speed, agility
skills: Preferred Experience
- Bachelor or Master's degree in marketing, statistics and/or business
- Hands-on experience using data/analytics dashboards (e.g., Tableau, Beckon, Origami Logic)
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across a matrixed organization
- Strong communicator with the ability to drive and influence strategic buy-in from stakeholders and business groups
- Analytical and data driven mind-set
- YouTube certification and/or other platform expertise/certifications.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.