job summary: Business Overview: Tell me about your department:
Team wears a few hats, main focus is on integrating with partners - allowing products to be listed on partner sites and route traffic to website. External facing team.
Mix of building new code and improving current code. Project Description:
Culture is collaborative, team sits together and prefers 100% in office work. Works in an open lab area, Agile team that has grown their Agile process organically. Everyone has a voice in the Agile process.
location: Richfield, Minnesota
job type: Contract
work hours: 9 to 5
education: No Degree Required
responsibilities: Position Overview: What would a normal day for this position look like??
- 75% of the time actually doing the developing
- The remainder of the day is Iteration Planning, Retrospectives, Showcases, and Design Sessions
qualifications: Skills Overview: What are the MUST have skills and technologies that you are looking for in a candidate? Required Experience
- Must have 10+ years of relevant systems software engineering experience
- BS/MS in computer science or engineering (or equivalent professional experience)
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems and web oriented architectures
- Developing Spring/Java/Maven applications
- Aggressive Refactoring
- High comfort level with Unix
- Object Oriented Programming and Service Oriented Architecture design
- Experience in the use of containers for deployment
skills: Skills Overview: Preferred Experience
What are the soft skills that you feel candidates must-have in order to be successful in this role?
- Experience with API's
- Experience as a Technical Lead on a complex distributed systems project
- Experience with containerized applications
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCE, etc.)
- Experience with JSON/RESTful services and best practices therein
- Collaborating with downstream consumers and upstream providers to establish sound API contracts
- Pair Programming (Social skills)
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Infrastructure Automation (Chef in particular)
- Experience with testing frameworks (JUnit and Spock in particular)
- Experience with Ruby or Node
- Social Skills
- Sense of humor
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.