The Business Analyst (BA) acts as an intermediary between the business community and the technical community, working with IT project teams and business stakeholders to collect, clarify, and document business requirements (using appropriate tools and models) from which applications and solutions are developed.
location: Malvern, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
work hours: 9 to 5
- Work with product owners and project managers to support assigned projects, as well as daily hot-fixes, system maintenance, and change management requests. Convert Service
- Desk tickets to User Stories and assist in managing the software development backlog.
- Elicit needs from stakeholders. Develop a clear set of requirements that are complete and understood by development resources and business stakeholders. Document the solution scope in User Stories that include objectives, business value and detailed acceptance criteria.
- Consult with subject matter experts and technical resources to understand feasibility of requests and solutions, add technical detail to stories, and communicate level-of-effort.
- Create business process diagrams and prototype mockups to communicate and gain consensus on proposed future state, workflows and user experience.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to consider both technical and non-technical solutions.
- Recommend and negotiate solutions that are in alignment with enterprise constraints such as time, budget, level-of-effort, resource availability, and project priorities.
- Develop expertise and understanding of The Institutes' systems and capabilities to effectively communicate business requirements to any audience within the enterprise.
- Act as a day-to-day partner with the development teams. Unblock developers by obtaining clarification and approval from stakeholders.
- Ensure the team understands and delivers the requested business value.
- Develop user documentation and conduct demos, walkthroughs and training as needed.
- Proactively communicate with stakeholders and business units, both verbally and in formal written communications, to maintain transparency and keep stakeholders informed.
- Four-year college diploma or university degree.
- 2+ years exp. in BA role
- Excellent verbal and written communication, as well as listening, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Team-oriented: Ability to collaborate with stakeholders to manage backlogs and achieve business goals.
- Time Management and Prioritization: Ability to work multiple simultaneous projects, and change priorities as directed.
- Ability to quickly learn new business domains, processes and terminology.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.