job summary: Business Overview: Tell me about your department:
Seeking passionate software engineers to join our digital engineering team. A position on the team offers the opportunity to apply your talents and creative energy to deliver high performing solutions at one of the top e-commerce sites in the world.
In this role you get to work with the newest and most innovative technologies. This team likes to enjoy their time and cultivate a team environment. This team also does fun outings from time to time.
location: Richfield, Minnesota
job type: Contract
work hours: 9 to 5
education: No Degree Required
responsibilities: Position Overview: Responsibilities/Deliverables that the resource will be responsible for: What you will do as a Web Engineer:
- You will be a key member of the engineering team responsible for implementing and owning technical solutions used at massive scale.
- Contribute to the architecture and design of the platform to enable rapid development, autonomous testing, and innovative integrations in a continuous delivery environment.
- Use modern tools, libraries and build new ones to support customer driven e-commerce initiatives that will impact millions of people.
- Use your passion and creativity to articulate engineering strategies related to scale, performance, security, and usability.
- Use the latest web technologies: React, Redux, Async/Await, Webpack, Node.js, Openshift, AWS, Akamai, among others
- How will performance be measured: code quality and productivity in meeting key deadlines
qualifications: Skills Overview: What are the MUST have skills that you are looking for in a candidate?
- 10+ years equivalent IT experience
- Experience working on an agile cross-functional team.
- Solid technical communication skills with business partners and other engineer teams, as will be communicating with these teams regularly
- React is a hard requirement
- Experience with testing practices (ex. TDD)
skills: Skills Overview: Preferred Qualifications:
What are the soft skills that you feel candidates must-have in order to be successful in this role?
- Experience using version control systems such as Git
- Experience with feature and issue tracking software such as Jira
- Proficiency with terminal / command line
- Experience in understanding different integration patterns and their usage during testing
- Experience with modern web technologies and high-scale storage
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure; AWS / OpenStack
- Experience deep-diving into difficult to troubleshoot issues
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability and willingness to be a mentor
- Ability to explain technical details to non-technical people
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Flexibility with current state, with a driving desire to help us reach the future state
- A passion for solving problems few people have solved
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.