job summary: Overview:
At Google, our users come first, and we believe that delighting users at scale requires having unified product experiences that allow users to accomplish their goals. A big part of that is making sure that shared Google technologies?such as identity, payments, notifications, and accounts?work consistently across all of our products and platforms. Success requires having comprehensive and useful guidelines to communicate available product features, designs and relevant research.
This design position would include working with a variety of UX design teams at Google, including Material Design, to create a scalable design guideline framework to document and illustrate consistent excellent product experience and expand best design practices across Google products. We?re looking for a meticulous production designer who can take ownership and identify opportunities to communicate and deliver the highest-quality design guidelines to UX designers and engineers alike.
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $63.25 - 70.70 per hour
work hours: 9 to 6
- Work with content strategist to execute product design spec site and create content to be integrated with Google Theme for Material Design.
- Deliver highest-quality digital assets.
- Produce assets from designs, organize them, and communicate them in a way that they can be visually referenced and integrated by UX and engineering teams.
- Manage pixel-perfect component library stickersheets and related assets.
- Implement working processes for asset production as well as methods for efficiency, communication, and distribution.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Solid understanding of regional needs for asset localization.
skills: Minimum Qualifications:
- Best in class portfolio demonstrating top notch production design skills for web and mobile platforms.
- Significant organizational and process skills; ability to both implement efficient working processes as well as process-automation tools.
- Strong attention to detail and zero tolerance for inconsistency in design.
- Confidence in technical knowledge to be able to communicate expectations accurately with engineers and UX.
- Project management skills related to planning, allocating and communicating.
- Commitment to and interest in production design; this position is not specifically a stepping stone to a UX design role.
- 5+ years of experience as a production designer in the software development environment.
- Understanding of content management systems and automation tools for asset creation.
- Ability to improve UX with good rationale.
- Familiarity with building design systems a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.