The Linux Engineer's role is to support and administer the design, planning and implementation of all Linux-related activities. This person work will all levels of the organization to: identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
The Linux Engineer will work closely with:
- Solution Architects
- Application Development teams
- Decision Makers
location: Akron, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 75 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: No Degree Required
- Assist in the planning, design, development and implementation of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
- Provides 3rd level 24/7 support of Signet's data assets.
- Develop, document, and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for system administration and appropriate use.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software and hardware improvements, life-cycle management upgrades, patches, reconfigurations, and/or purchases
- Strong and comprehensive verbal and written communications.
- 5+ years IT related experience.
- Technical knowledge of Linux technologies and associated operating systems.
- Technical knowledge of Linux technologies (hardware, protocols, and standards and related technologies).
- 3+ years application support experience with Linux technologies.
- Experience in IT infrastructure planning and development.
- Experience with shell scripting and programming.
- Required Experience & Skills
- Redhat Linux
- Redhat Satellite
- HPUX required
- Nice to have:
- AIX and Windows knowledge desired
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.