Ensuring adherence to the Spectrum Health Project Management methodology and quality standards, oversees various high-priority projects of mid to large size requiring considerable resources and high levels of functional integration. Responsible for assembling technical and operational project team members, coordinating activities, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedules to ensure timely completion of a project.
location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
job type: Contract
salary: $63 - 66 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
- Takes projects from original concept through final implementation.
- Able to grasp concepts required to understand the overall project scope, and to communicate effectively with project team members, end users and external resources.
- Manages the integration of vendor tasks and deliverables.
- Competent to work at the highest levels of all phases of project leadership.
- Regularly provides guidance, direction and training to less experienced Project Managers.
- 10+ years of experience in a project management role of software development projects
- Experience with managing scope/schedule/cost for software development projects
- PM's frequently interact with Directors and above - Communication skills must be solid - clear, concise, confident speaker
- Experience leading multiple moderately-sized project teams of eight or more team members within a matrix organization; supervising or leading resources directly or indirectly in a cross-functional team environment; and projects in multiple technologies and/or business functions
- Strong track record of delivering projects on schedule and on budget
- Experience with assembling technical and operational project team members, coordinating activities, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedules to ensure timely completion of a project.
- Experience taking projects from original concept through final implementation.
- Ability to manage the integration of vendor tasks and deliverable
- Agile and waterfall experience a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.