The .NET Programmer/Analyst will be a core member of our .NET development team and will build and maintain enterprise software applications and related integration components using a variety of technologies and platforms, including MVC, Windows Forms, REST Web services, ASP.NET, and others as required to support internal requirements
location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 50 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Design, deliver and maintain applications, frameworks, and integration components using a mix of new and established technologies within the Microsoft stack
- Consistently deliver high-quality code and documentation within agreed-upon timeframes
- Provide and execute suggestions to optimize and streamline existing frameworks, business and development processes, coding practices, and data practices with an eye toward continuous improvement
- Effective use of SQL to create both ad hoc and detailed reports
- Identifies requirements by establishing rapport with users
- Experience in creating, designing and maintaining REST Web services and SQL databases; strong understanding of database design and REST principles
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft SQL Server (including T-SQL, views, stored procedures, user defined functions, etc.)
- Develop and create reports with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis
- Ability to consistently translate user and business requirements into practical and effective application designs
- Good communication and interpersonal skills in order to effectively communicate and present with team, users, vendors etc.
- A strong interest in learning and promoting usage of new technologies
- Ability to work independently or in a team-oriented environment or under general supervision and efficiently to meet deadlines and changing priorities
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.