Business Analyst-Business Intelligence
We are looking for a Business Analyst with a focus on BI Analytics in Bothell, WA
Partner with leaders and stakeholders across the North America Healthtech business in order to develop and deliver end to end dashboard and analytics solutions to enable business insights and decisions. You will be the subject matter expert in creating interactive visualizations and automated reporting to support shared business goals. You will be a part of a high-functioning and collaborative Business Intelligence & Analytics team.
location: Bothell, Washington
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 55 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
You are responsible for (but not limited to)
Business Intelligence Analytics & Reporting- 60% of time includes the following activities:
- Develop and maintain advanced reporting, analytics, dashboards and other BI solutions using tools available in the landscape including and not limited to Tableau, Sales Force, custom Microsoft based reporting solutions, Excel etc.
- Help the customer manage their business and to strategically make sound decisions based on solid analysis of data and provide insight regarding interpretation of data and trends (explain the 'what' and 'why' of data results)
- Perform and document data analysis, data validation, data mapping/design, produce data samples/prototypes and produce adhoc reports. Obtain and analyze data by accessing multiple sources, including SAP and data warehouses. Demonstrate strong T-SQL skills to enable agile data analysis and data preparation for front end BI implementation
- Evaluate and utilize appropriate BI tool available in the toolkit to streamline report generation and provide speed to business leader decision making, including self-serving tools that enable users to analyze data through many business dimensions with visibility to granular and historical data
- Modify / improve existing reports/dashboards as directed by the business and Change Control Board
- Evaluate and plan activities to implement automation of manual data extracts and other manual activities supporting any reporting currently supported by you
- Create all required documentation on all projects using pre-defined templates and keep documentation up to date on any existing report changes and facilitate training & rollout of new tools
- Respond and resolve all feedbacks (all priorities) within the set thresholds (business days)
Create training and internal QA/UAT documentation, perform quality assurance and ongoing monitoring of current reports and data for accuracy and usage. Develop and understanding of Six Sigma and other quality methods
Customer Partnership & Project Management - 25% of time includes the following activities:
- Apply broad subject matter expertise in managing project activities. Determine & manage scope, develop and manage project plans, schedules and deliverables, risks, dependences and mitigation plan using MS Project/other tools
- Partner with customers and IT and facilitate the full life cycle of application development.
- Provide technical assistance as necessary to end users as well as development staff
- Perform post project reviews with project team from BIS and IT, identify best practices and learning's and implement in project execution process to improve future project execution.
- Review and improve project execution processes to improve quality and effectiveness of project delivery
- Collaborate with other BAs in team for improved project execution process, data availability within existing reporting systems and leverage and coordinate overlapping data requests/reports.
- Collaborate with global counterparts to share NA reporting initiatives and get insight into global reporting initiatives to drive combined efforts and definitions. Share best practices and make recommendations to business.
Leadership- 15% of time includes the following activities:
- Demonstrate the ability to lead small cross functional project teams
- Implement change management planning to help gain buy-in and adoption at multiple levels
- Provide guidance on best practices and approaches to design and implement effective and standardized Tableau driven dashboards and analytics
- Promote Philips values and leadership goals
- Act as mentor for others in the business
- Bachelor's degree within a technical/ business related field
- Minimum of 7+ years as a BI/ Business Analyst
- Minimum of 3 years' experience and expertise in Tableau driven dashboard/analytics design, development and implementation
skills: To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Expertise in developing, maintaining and experience in managing/leading Tableau driven dashboards & analytics, preferably with working knowledge of Tableau administration/architecture
- Experience in architecting, designing, developing BI and other analytical, reporting solutions using standard BI tools
- Experience performing a business analyst role, preferably with some project management.
- Experience in creation of functional specifications and project documentation and translating functional requirements into detailed technical requirements.
- Has strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Experience in problem solving / conflict resolution, critical thinking and priority setting.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Project, Access and Visio.
- Strong knowledge using SQL.
- Experience in working with several groups of data and users simultaneously.
- Experience in being innovative and having strong analytic skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide strong time management skills.
- Working knowledge of Tableau administration/architecture (preferred)
- Knowledge of BI project/program management (preferred)
- Working knowledge of BI/data warehouse functionality (preferred)
- Working with SQL
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.