Responsible for deploying the release of new technologies as well as the design installation, configuration, maintenance and system integration testing performance of PC/server operating systems, related utilities and hardware.
location: Viera, Florida
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to 5
- Installs, maintains and upgrades internal computer hardware and software systems used for designing and developing company products.
- Controls user access and passwords.
- Proposes and implements systems enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system.
- Monitors usage and performance.
- Troubleshoots server, software and hardware issues.
- Assists with recommending, scheduling and implementing system hardware and/or software upgrades or repairs.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends software and hardware products.
- Supports Web access and electronic messaging services, and maintains a secure systems environment.
- Provides new hardware specifications to users based on application needs and anticipated growth.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience
6 years of Systems Administration experience
skills: Knowledge of multiple operating systems and related utilities and hardware - Knowledge of storage management - Knowledge of TCP/IP - Knowledge of network monitoring and tools - Knowledge of technical writing principles and practices - Skill to effectively analyze and solve problems - Skill in software installation and maintenance - Ability to work independently as well as with a team - Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing - Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, vendors, clients and public - Advanced professional role. - Highly-skilled with extensive proficiency. - Develops large and/or complex solutions that require analysis and research. - Works on multiple projects as a project leader or frequently as the subject matter expert. - Works on projects/issues of medium to high complexity that require demonstrated knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.