Randstad Technologies is seeking an Infrastructure Engineer for an exciting opportunity in Overland Park, KS. The Infrastructure Engineer coordinates and oversees the core infrastructure information technologies, such as Cisco, Citrix, Nimble-storage, VMware, and Microsoft products (i.e. Windows 2012-2016, Exchange 2016, Skype). Provides hardware and software support for the core infrastructure. Administration/maintenance of servers and implements complex updates, including developing systems documentation and data network security. The incumbent ensures effective and efficient server maintenance and operations workflow and practices to help improve security, availability, and performance of systems and dependent environments.
location: Overland Park, Kansas
job type: Permanent
work hours: 8 to 5
- Provide technical expertise as a team member in the development and operational support of the core infrastructure systems and services.
- Must have deep experience in one or more of the core technologies and the willing to learn additional technologies. (Cisco, Citrix, Nimble-storage, VMware, and Microsoft products: ie Windows 2012-2016, Exchange 2016, Skype)
- Design, test, and deploy new or enhanced servers including software services and applications.
- Perform server troubleshooting and triage during service failure scenarios and participate in detailed investigations to determine root cause and corrective actions.
- Support the current LAN/WAN network environment and implement new technologies.
- Ensure effective and efficient server maintenance and operations workflow and practices to help improve security, availability and performance of systems and dependent environments.
- Provide hardware and software support for Citrix, Network, Windows Server, VMware, Cisco and Nimble storage products.
- Responsible for the maintenance, and enhancement of data backup and recovery procedures and practices.
- Create and maintain systems technical documentation.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in infrastructure and support services.
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer discipline preferred or equivalent years of technical experience or Certifications.
- Preferred Certification(s): one or more (CCNA) (CCNP) VMware, Microsoft Server certifications.
- Must have Server troubleshooting, support and implementation experience.
- Must have Disaster recovery and business continuity experience.
- Experience with VMware and Citrix virtualization technologies.
- Experience with Cisco UCS.
- Experience with Cisco networking, F5 Load Balancers and firewalls.
- Advanced system security knowledge.
- Excellent verbal, written communications and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Demonstrates strong customer service orientation and ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Desire to continuously learn new and emerging technologies.
- Strong aptitude and high motivation for continuous improvement.
- Ability to deliver projects and daily work tasks on time.
- Ability to manage small technical projects or specific pieces of larger projects.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.