As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will join the team responsible for delivering the next generation high- volume, fault-tolerant, and scalable transaction processing system. The ideal candidate will possess a demonstrated proficiency in a wide range of skills and experience utilizing Java, web service APIs, and database technologies.
location: Pleasanton, California
job type: Contract
salary: $65 - 68 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
- Interface with and influence product architects, product owners, and other stakeholders to create great technical requirements and evaluate solutions (in-house or vendor).
- Design and develop transaction-processing solutions using traditional and emerging technologies.
- Develop products that perform, scale, are highly available and fault tolerant with automated failover capabilities.
- Create systems that can be easily triaged to find performance bottlenecks and root cause analysis of failure scenarios.
- Create understandable and automated product deployment mechanisms for development, QA, and production environments.
- Contribute novel ideas and collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver.
- Participate in standard scrum process including daily stand-up meetings, iteration planning, backlog grooming, etc.
- 6+ years of Java application development utilizing data persistence environments.
- Hands on development and design experience on payment transaction processing.
- Deep understanding of multithreaded programming.
- Deep service-oriented architecture and REST service knowledge.
- Demonstrable solution design for performance and scalability.
- Experience with Hibernate and JDBC.
skills: - Skilled at performance testing and JVM tuning.
- Experience scripting using multiple of the following: Ruby, Python, PERL, Bash, SQL, etc.
- Knowledge of the Agile scrum methodology required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with continuous integration tools like AnthillPro and Maven a plus.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) including RDS and EC2 desirable.
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.