The enterprise infrastructure manager is an information technology professional responsible for the company's operational requirements related to information technology. His or her main task is to manage the company's data and implement up-to-date solutions across the IT infrastructure. The infrastructure manager oversees the company's technical staff and works closely with the IT Director to propose improvements to the business infrastructure and report progress on various projects. They are responsible for making sure that the company's network infrastructure and associated systems run smoothly, perform within agreed targets, and provide a secure platform for the company's business operations. They can also act as IT specialists when the company needs to find solutions to complex technical issues.
location: Lancaster, South Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $115,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
- Manages and coordinates all IT infrastructure projects to meet company and client needs.
- Ensures that standards and procedures are followed during design and implementation of information systems.
- Responsible for monitoring the systems to ensure the highest level of infrastructure performance.
- Will assist in network interface planning, hardware resource availability and the development and or introduction of new applications.
- Manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs.
- Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network resource administration and appropriate use.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory, life cycle management and related documentation.
- Establish service level agreements with end users.
- Provides "ownership" of problem through final resolution.
- Plan, acquire, and coordinate installation of in-house and remote hardware and software across the organization's network and physical locations.
- Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to recommend network products and services.
- Assess, approve, and administer all equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of servers, including e-mail, print, application, system, file, and backup servers, and their associated operating systems and software. Responsible for on-site and off-site data centers.
- Manage and ensure optimal operation of all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, UPSs, and so on.
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus solutions, and intrusion detection systems.
- Test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining network infrastructure.
- Test server performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining server infrastructure.
- Oversee the administration of user accounts, permissions, and access rights in AD.
- Conduct performance reviews and corrective action in conjunction with IT Director.
- Provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Demonstrated leadership and personnel management skills.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- The ability to generate and manage to an IT budget
- Experience managing and configuring enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, VPNs, etc.
- Exceptional knowledge of service and application delivery, as well as successful service level agreement accomplishments.
- Excellent knowledge of current protocols and standards, including Active Directory, Group Policies, MS Exchange, Lotus Notes, Core Switching/Routing, SSL/IPSec, SAN, Virtualization, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, Microsoft operating systems and Office applications, and Cisco systems.
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting hardware such as servers, routers, bridges, switches, hubs, modems, network interface cards, and so on.
- Knowledge and understanding of system flow charts, data processing concepts, and telecommunications principles.
- Ability to perform general mathematical calculations for the purpose of creating needs assessments, budgets, and forecasting.
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
skills: Minimum Requirements:
Three to five years of relevant work/management experience including successful supervisory leadership of an infrastructure team. Education and Experience:
A Bachelor's Degree is required in the field of computer science or another related technical field. Preferred master's degree in management information systems or a similar IT related discipline, or an MBA with certificates that prove advanced IT training, such as computer engineering, programming, networking, or database management. Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Daily supervision of a technical team of 3-7 individuals
- Monitoring the tasks assigned to the team keeping to defined timelines
- Providing performance feedback both verbally in written
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.