Data Quality Engineer
Data Quality Engineer
Randstad Technologies is searching for experienced Data Quality Engineers to support our client in Reston, VA on a contract opportunity supporting their IT Operations division.
This person will serve as more than a plain "tester" , the individual best fit for this role will have skills and extensive experience developing automation scripts for QA/QC processes as well as ensuring/taking responsibility for data quality of the data files, & reporting all necessary deliverables to stakeholders within the organization .
The candidate will be developing automation scripts/tools, using either commercial automation tools or programming languages to create test data for each operational testing cycle.
Time will be spent doing these tasks as well as doing regression testing, and reference data validation.
location: RESTON, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $55.00 - 56.25 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Develop automation scripts or tools, using either commercial automation tools or programming languages, to create test data for each operational testing cycle, regression testing, and reference data validation.
- Prepare and execute test cases in collaboration with business owners to ensure that the operational and vendor integration aspects of a deliverable are properly validated and ready for production.
- Create a repository of reusable test scenarios and cases for each business or operational process requirement.
- Use PL/SQL and other tools for data setup, validation, and troubleshooting issues.
- Enter all defects in JIRA. Ensure that the impact of defects is clear and the priority is correct.
- Work with other IT stakeholders to troubleshoot defects and to identify solutions to issues.
- Collaborate with the other QA Teams on testing efforts.
- Participate in additional environment requirements and test cycle planning activities.
- Coordinate testing environment changes with business owners including upgrades, data refreshes, and any other deployments
- Support User Acceptance efforts, by reviewing test scenarios, preparing the test environment and data, validating reference data feeds, and providing database validations.
- Four to six years testing experience with relational databases
- Strong SQL skills
- Four to six years of experience with automating the quality checks using the modern tools like Cucumber and Gherkin
- Back-end testing experience with SQL, PL/SQL, XML, and Unix/Perl scripting preferred
- Over three years experience developing SQL scripts and PL/SQL procedures for Oracle databases
- Experience with both manual and automated test design and execution
- Experience with JIRA, AWS
- Proficient with developing test cases and creating input data for testing custom applications
- Solid progressively responsible experience in back-office operations required
- Experience with the software development life-cycle, Agile methodologies
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills required
- Ability to collaborate with other technical folks as well as business owners.
- College Degree in computer science or related technical field required.
This is not a plain tester position . This person should be able to develop automation scripts for the QC/QA processes along with ensuring the data quality of the data files and reporting deliverables .
Excellent ability to communicate and work well with others is absolutely ESSENTIAL for this position. If communications are an issue for you, please do not apply for this role.
skills: RELATED SKILLS & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to mentor diverse cross-functional teams in quality improvement tools and methodologies
- Highly collaborative individual with ability to influence others and build strong professional relationships
- Excellent communication (writing, speaking, presentation)
- Strong process perspective and continuous improvement mindset
- Strong analytical thinking and structured, creative problem solving ability
- Ability to manage relationships with multiple levels of management
- Excellent group/ cross-functional team facilitation skills
- Strong knowledge of multiple Quality improvement methodologies and tools
- Flexibility and desire to quickly adapt to new methods, situations, and various requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office applications and statistical software
- Solid organizational, time & task management skills
- Ability to effectively handle multiple situations simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience in a high-volume data and transaction intensive processing operation
- Strong project management experience
- Some development experience with programming languages like Python or Java
- AWS experience with either development and/or QA/QC automation
If you or someone you know meet the qualifications necessary to be successful in this role, and have carefully read through the above job qualifications - please send your resume to email@example.com ASAP!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.