VTC Engineer In this position, you will be responsible for
- VTC Help desk support for over 1,000 IP and ISDN systems
- Creating conferences on RMX/MGC bridges, opening tickets, testing systems, and monitoring conferences
- Project management of installation projects including gathering requirements, creating Statements of Work, obtaining and creating cost estimates, placing orders, and following up/testing.
- Support special tasks from the client such as budgetary requirements and certifications, infrastructure troubleshooting, and new infrastructure installations
location: Washington, Washington, D.C.
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 50 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: No Degree Required
Experience must include multimedia conference room and A/V design with familiarity of creating a Statement of Work (SOW) and equipment and wiring diagrams based on user requirements.
-Experience must also include managing VTC/multimedia installations, working with vendors to verify all requirements have been met, and final testing.
-In-depth of understanding of latest VTC technology in order to provide innovative recommendations to the customers (i.e., touch panels, multimedia equipment, etc.).
-Self-motivated and ability to work alone as well as in a group setting.
-Knowledge of Polycom RMX and MGC bridges to set up conferences or to test systems.
-Knowledge of Polycom DMA and RSS4000 systems.
-Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, engineering, and management or a related field or equivalent relevant experience.
-Minimum of 5 years' experience in VTC with 3 of those years involved with engineering design.
-Strong IP network and ISDN troubleshooting, knowledge, and experience preferred which include Cisco CCNA, MPLS, and Quality of Services (QoS).
-Good verbal and written communication skills.
-Experience with troubleshooting of VTC codecs, A/V switches, video and audio bridges, and inverse multiplexers.
qualifications: Additional Experience Desired:
-Knowledge of video streaming technology (VBrick preferred) and digital signage solutions.
-Basic knowledge of how streaming video is propagated throughout a WAN/LAN environment and have technical network troubleshooting experience pertaining to streaming video.
-Familiarity with streaming video (uni-casting, multi-casting) and Video On Demand (VOD) technologies, installations, and troubleshooting. -Knowledge of Access Database programming.
-Knowledge of Remedy ticket tracking system
Top Secret Clearance
skills: Computer Skills:
- Microsoft Office, Project, Access, and Visio Desired Certifications: -Cisco/Tandberg, Polycom, Crestron, AMX, VBrick
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.