Candidate must be located in Minneapolis, MN; Chandler, AZ; or Charlotte, NC and be willing to work onsite.
The DevOps engineer will be part of the team responsible for the automation and overall configuration management of the entire server footprint.
location: CHARLOTTE, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $36.94 - 41.56 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
He/she will develop some Puppet modules and CI/CD automation with languages like Python that ensures stability and compliance of the cloud operating platform. The right engineer will also help in the development of tooling and Continuous Configuration Automation (CCA) pipelines in support of our community of developers. This person will apply sound development, release, and configuration management practices to their work.
LOOKING FOR DEVOPS EXPERIENCE
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering and configuration management
- 5+ years of experience in development and automation
- 5+ years of experience with version control systems
- 3+ years of experience in unit testing, test-driven development, and testing automation
- Experience developing with Puppet
- Experience developing with Python
- Experience developing with Ruby
- Experience with Docker containers
- Experience working with Git version control and GitHub
- Experience developing service-oriented architectures and web services with REST APIs, JSON or YAML
- Experience developing large-scale software systems using SDLC best practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of Cloud concepts and APIs
- Experience with other configuration management tools besides Puppet
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and related tooling like Jenkins
- Experience with C or other development languages
- Experience with certificate management
- Experience working in an agile teams using Scrum
skills: He/she must have experience developing and managing complex IT infrastructure for mission critical, large scale Linux and Windows based systems, large scale software development, a strong background in Python, and some experience using Puppet, Ruby and other technologies.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.