Randstad Technologies is seeking a Technical Writer with preferably with public sector experience (federal). This individual will be responsible for working effectively with numerous cross-functional stakeholders across the company (IT, Security, Operations teams, Product Groups, etc.) to engage in preparation of all technical documentation related to security audit, governance, and compliance.
The ideal candidate should be organized and extremely detail oriented technical writer with broad knowledge of information security controls, compliance activities, security tools, and related best practice standards and methodologies.
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $30.15 - 31.50 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
The Information Security Technical Writer is an integral part of the company's Information Security Program by supporting all aspects of technical writing and document preparation for the company offerings (FedRAMP
, NIST, FIPS, FISMA, DISA SRG, and Security of Network and Information Security Directives) as applicable. They will provide leadership and subject matter expertise for the design, writing, and final preparation of all documentation to support federal requirements for the company federal SaaS offerings.
- Experienced in writing Technical documentation and knowledge of Cloud and Security concepts
- Experience on NIST SP 800 Series, FedRAMP and FISMA
- Experience with writing, editing, and/or managing a wide variety of IT security documentation and familiarity with federal IT standards such as Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA)
- Experience interviewing technical subject matter experts and using knowledge to develop, edit, and revise documentation including standard operating procedures, system security plans, and policies and procedures.
- Experience with technical documentation related to FIPS 199, NIST SP 800-37, NIST SP 800-53 REV 4, continuous monitoring, and POA&M management.
- Key contributor during compliance related initiatives
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., Business Writing, Business Administration, English, etc.)
- Control reviews
- Strong writing skills for process, procedural document review/updating, audit findings, and vulnerability management/remediation reports
- Audit preparation
- Auditor interaction
- Reporting and metrics deliverables
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Defense Security Service Secret clearance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.