job summary: Basic Purpose
Working directly with the scrum team and product owner, the scrum master will support and facilitate the continual delivery of technical solutions and business value. The Scrum Master will leverage knowledge of the asset management industry and partner with the scrum team to deliver complete business solutions aligned with the strategic vision and corporate goals of the organization. This position will be expected to oversee and manage the complete lifecycle of a project/backlog including oversight for all business, operations and technical efforts, including budget/burn rate tracking. The Scrum Master will institute an open and transparent communication environment for all project efforts across team members, stakeholders and sponsors.
As a dependency to delivery success, the Scrum Master will follow and champion Agile best practices and guidelines. The Scrum Master will participate in, and provide input to, the ongoing efforts to improve efficiency of the Technology group and Agile function.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $80 - 85 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
responsibilities: Principal Responsibilities
- Remove team impediments and coach scrum team(s) to allow for best-in-class solutions to emerge, and meet the business goals
- Build strong relationships with business divisions and departments across the organization globally; represent, champion and further the goals and opportunities of MFS teams in support of assigned initiatives.
- Facilitate daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint review and retrospective meetings ensuring correct use of scrum practices
- Forecast the numbers of deliverables that are possible in an iteration, which is based on evidence and reliable
- Leverage JIRA or other tool capabilities to allow for transparent visualization of project execution
- Coach team members in Agile practices according to the Agile mindset of individuals and interactions over processes and tools.
- Help team or individual to clarify goals and actions to achieve them.
- Shield the team from outside distractions and interferences.
- Track and remove impediments.
- Contribute to building a culture where continuous improvement of the development process is a focus with a common goal to deliver outstanding software as fast as possible.
- Coach teams facing tough challenges
- Actively identify areas of improvement and conceptualize methods on how to be more efficient
- Performs additional duties as required.
qualifications: Job Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required. Master's degree or equivalent preferred.
- Eight or more (5+) years of related Scrum Master experience within the asset management or financial services industry.
- Practical experience leading Agile projects through all phases of delivery
- Financial skills to manage project's operating and capital budgets.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and management skills. Experience designing and delivering presentations and training to diverse audiences, including senior management, administrative staff members, technical and non-technical personnel, and clients
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Scrum Master certification preferred
- Skilled at raising and facilitating resolution of issues at the appropriate level in the organization
- An experienced servant leader
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.