The Solution Architect contributes to the realization of the delivery team's objectives by ensuring that architecture decisions are designed and implemented consistently across business and IT in order to support the business and IT strategy. Perform research, analyses and design activities with the objective to propose and deliver quality IT solutions that are aligned with our Enterprise Architecture and appropriate for the business and IT strategies in one or more business domains, with core expertise in delivering integrated services and APIs.
The Solution Architect is a member of the delivery team and is expected to make a meaningful contribution to the technology solutions both in design and implementation.
Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques, and can communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders from both IT and business.
location: Wayne, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
work hours: 9 to 5
The core competency to this role is surrounding integration design and implementation, however we have a broad range of technology platforms. The ideal candidate for this role would have the capability and ambition to further grown both horizontally into other platforms, and vertically into other roles and responsibilities.
- Possess a broad range of knowledge of around various Integration technologies with a specific focus in BizTalk, Axway or Cloud based integration solutions.
- Proven experience with designing, testing, and implementing APIs, web-services and integrations in a Service Oriented Architecture.
- Thorough understanding of Application Integration and Service Oriented Architecture.
- Proven experience with understanding and implementing integration patterns.
- Good understanding of B2B scenarios (gateways, security, business partner agreements).
- Extensive experience working with REST, JSON, SOAP, WSDL and XML Web Services, Microservices
- In depth knowledge of using XML, XPath queries, XSLT, and complex schemas
- Extensive experience with message transformations and mappings
- Solid understanding of the SDLC and various development efforts such as debugging and unit testing
- Knowledge in tuning and performance monitoring
- Experience writing technical design documents
- Strong Interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation, communication and negotiation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially within the IT community.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Experience developing and/or supporting enterprise systems with SLAs and customer driven feature sets.
- Experience working with development teams to implement systems to facilitate business needs and iterate on functionality as requirements emerge.
- Advise leadership on architecture issues - Promote the development of technical infrastructure/architecture and standards to enable delivery to business domains.
- Support current state architecture and evaluate roadmaps for opportunity to improve processes including cloud strategy, DevOps, and technical delivery excellence.
- Liaises with Architecture, Application Delivery, Infrastructure, and Governance.
- Extensive collaboration working in both regional and global multi-functional teams.
skills: Education and Other Credentials
- Minimum proven bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Physical Requirements and Working Conditions.
- Must have the ability to sit and work at a computer for extensive periods of time.
- Must have the ability to communicate, both orally and written, with other members of the team and with clients / prospective clients.
- Must be able to demonstrate a high degree of attention and quality, details, correctness and deadlines.
- Must have the proven ability to handle and organize multiple projects and deadlines.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.