job summary: Project Overview:
You will provide strategic, analytical and technical support for the Business Intelligence activities for your team. You will use your business acumen and technical knowledge to develop and deliver Business Intelligence solutions for your internal customers. You will work with the business in understanding their evolving requirements. You will also work closely with Engineering to deliver practical solutions of real business benefit, and design and develop your own prototype solutions.
In this role, you will be part of the team providing critical business insight, planning and advisory services for Google Fiber - one of the most critical businesses to the company?s future growth. You will help identify and prioritize Fiber's biggest challenges and key opportunities in the areas of process, innovation, communication and strategic planning. You will partner with cross-functional stakeholders to understand their needs and provide guidance for informed, impactful decision-making. To be successful, you will be an organized self-starter with a strong client-service orientation, a passion for continual improvement and innovation, and strong technical skills that enable you to create scale.
The role is to create & maintain various Fiber business and construction reporting pipelines to ensure consistent and accurate data availability for Fiber?s day-to-day business decision-makings. Additionally, this role will require a deep level of data mining, audits and trend identification across Google Fiber?s customer service operation metrics and initiatives. There may also be ad-hoc projects which require intensive data analysis.
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $51.52 - 73.60 per hour
work hours: 9 to 6
responsibilities: Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Maintain all Google Fiber business and construction reporting back-end pipelines (plx, sql), fix any issues.
- Provide data insights, trends and completion of any audits to businesses and engineering stakeholders
- Consolidate and improve data pipelines and reporting dashboards that provide cross-functional teams with data requirements
- Bridge between business and engineering teams
- Provide ad hoc analysis and reporting support, and triage feature requests or issues
- Stay up-to-date with the latest Google technologies related to data and incorporate where applicable
- Gather relevant data (incl setting up and maintenance of data pipelines) to conduct analysis and surface relevant insights for business.
- Conduct data analysis and make recommendations (cost-benefit, invest-divest, forecasting, impact analysis).
- Model data in order to create quantitative models including forecast, operational, financial, and statistical models of business dynamics.
- Deliver effective presentations of findings and recommendations to multiple levels of stakeholders.
- Plan, design and deploy automation projects/dashboards to support scaling of reporting tools and platforms with the growth of business.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or related discipline, in lieu of degree, 4-5 years of relevant experience.
- 4-5 years of experience with analytics, business systems, databases, and/or reporting analytics experience.
skills: ? Required Skills:
- Extensive SQL development knowledge, 5+ years experience
- Some leadership and project management experience, 2+ years experience
- Trend analysis and data mining, 2+ years experience
- Targeted data presentation and communication skills, 2+ years experience
- Gsuite (Google sheets, Google docs, etc.) and/or Microsoft Office proficiency, 2+ years experience
- Experience analyzing large datasets with strong statistical, quantitative modeling, and forecasting skills.
Nice to Have Skills/Not Required:
- Operational experience in measuring and improving productivity, utilization, scale initiatives etc.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information to see big picture while effectively managing detail.
- Distinctive problem solving and analytic skills with a high degree of analytical rigor.
- Experience in manipulating data from a variety of systems.
- Previous experience supporting a telecom
- Experience building new data pipelines
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.