The Sitefinity Architect will be expected to provide technical leadership to the organization helping with infrastructure design, integrate portals with existing environments, ongoing performance optimization and process improvement for portals across the organization Primary Responsibilities:
Portal implementation support (30%)
- Work with business, development, design and hosting teams to implement portals based on Sitefinity. Provide technical guidance, application architecture and a content strategy. Understanding of various disciplines and technologies, such as web, directory services, directory synchronization, security, databases, networking, infrastructure and application development is key.
- Support problem and issue resolution for Sitefinity applications
- Oversee projects and interact with other departments to ensure completion on time.
- Provide technical guidance and advice to co-workers and others
- Document processes and procedures of implemented changes.
- Offer In-depth understanding of the configuration and usage of complex enterprise applications.
- Ensure applications and systems are maintained, secure and current.
Reusable platform development (30%)
- Support lead resources in developing and maintaining a set of shared components
- Provide input to tactical and strategic plans for the enterprise infrastructure applications that balances business need, industry best practices, cost, and alignment with corporate direction for the various disciplines.
- Provide input to the development and establishment of policies and objectives consistent with those of the organization to ensure efficient operations to meet business requirements.
- Create and/or evaluate strategic tools for the streamlining of enterprise application functions and processes. Solutions would be across multiple platforms.
- Develop, establish and maintain positive relationships with managers, peers and business unit customers.
- Review and evaluate proposals for application initiatives.
- Create frameworks for application governance in support of the team.
- Monitor SLAs, operational metrics and overall team performance to identify opportunities for optimization.
Business liaison (20%)
- Ensure the business knows the benefits of using a CMS
- Ensure they know how to properly edit and create content
- Ensure Sitefinity sites are created so that business can manipulate and manage the content to a reasonable extent without requiring developer interaction
Forward thinking regarding Sitefinity (20%)
- Stay up to date on pending and future Sitefinity features
- Attend key events and trainings as well as possess key certifications.
- Facilitator and moderator for the creation of a knowledge base where development and business teams can share advanced techniques and successful experiences and contribute to growing our common framework and best practices repository.
- Identify opportunities for cost savings, consolidation, standardization and other forms of technology optimization.
- Technically screen incoming candidates in support of the team.
- Working with other corporate architectural resources maintain an overall application portfolio and roadmap for the team
- Represent the team from a technological perspective throughout the organization
- Demonstrate technical curiosity and ability to instill enthusiasm in the team to learn and improve their engineering practices.
- Provide technical leadership to the application team by defining a road map that delivers on continuous improvement of code, design and performance quality that increases speed to market.
location: Alpharetta, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 60 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
The Sitefinity Architect is ultimately responsible for establishing and maintaining best practices around using Sitefinity for a given project including (but not limited to) structuring of Sitefinity sites and source code, establishing development best practices, coordinating development efforts across multiple projects, creating a repository of curated and reusable components.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in technology services related work.
- Minimum of 4 years of related hardware/software and system technologies.
- Experience working with diverse technical resources both onshore and offshore.
- Experience and understanding of operational metrics used to support applications.
- Knowledge of tools to provide for the monitoring and automation of application support tasks a plus.
- An understanding of the project life cycle and the ability to interact effectively with management personnel.
- Comfort working with diverse sets of business leadership.
- Multi-lingual is a plus
- Experience implementing and customizing Sitefinity solutions.
- Minimum 4 years .NET development experience
- Minimum 3 years Sitefinity experience
- Experience with SEO
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.