The Data Analyst for Power BI Advanced Analytics must have a firm grasp of Power BI implementation methodologies, as well as exposure to Microsoft BI Stack (SSIS, SSRS and SSAS) version 2008 and above.
location: Painted Post, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $38 - 41 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications to design and deliver optimum solutions for business needs.
- Strong communication skills and a strong self-starter attitude.
- Strong business analyst skills, able to work with many different stakeholders to elicit and document requirements.
- Strong estimation skills and strong track record of accurate estimations for BI solutions.
- Analytical thinker; Strong problem solving ability
- Team player; Ability to multi task
Masters degree in computer science, information technology, engineering or related field
- 2+ years of experience in architecting, designing, developing, supporting, and implementing Power BI solutions
- Excellent understanding of developer and support processes including SDLC, project management, change management, and architecture process.
- Knowledge of ITIL is desired
- Expert in developing Dashboards, reports using Power BI technologies.
- Experience with DAX, Power Pivot and Excel
- Exposure to Business intelligence/data warehousing technologies and Microsoft BI stack (SQL Server, SSAS, SSRS, Power BI, and TFS)
- Experience with Tableau reporting platform
- Good knowledge of Oracle and SQL database technologies
- Knowledge of Informatica and Dell Boomi ETL platform a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.