Quality Assurance Engineer
Seeking an aspiring, creative, and motivated Engineer who has at least three years' QA experience in a professional software development environment. Ideally, with broad technical skills and interests, and someone that is looking to join a team dedicated to delivering quality products across platforms.
location: Emeryville, California
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 40 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Create test cases, document test results, and maintain other QA related documents
- Communicate with developers, product managers and technical support specialists on critical issues
- Perform functional tests on desktop and mobile applications
- Perform integration tests on web services and APIs
- Evaluate the results of automated tests
Skills, accomplishments, & interests you should have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or related discipline
- Knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (various models)
- Knowledge of Software Quality Assurance Methodologies and experience testing software that gets deployed commercially
skills: - Experience with web services and API testing
- Strong SQL skills for data setup and verification
- Experience testing on iOS and Android native mobile apps
- Working knowledge of Unix shell, Java, Python, and/or other programming or scripting languages
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to express complex ideas, designs and issues to both technical and non-technical staff
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment with a focus on exceptional service delivery
- Experience testing microservices
- Experience with QA test automation is a plus
- Approximately 3 years' experience preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.