job summary: Project Overview:
The UX Research Operations team combines world-class program management skills with a passion for user experience research to help UX Research teams across Google build and improve products for billions of users.
We manage a large team that offers many different services to UX Researchers across Google. As Google?s research needs grow, we are growing this team at a rapid pace and are facing challenges scaling our operations. We?re looking for an Analyst who will help us scale by automating simple manual tasks, defining meaningful metrics and building and maintaining dashboards to help drive our business decisions and ensure we?re allocating our resources appropriately.
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $51.52 - 73.60 per hour
work hours: 9 to 6
responsibilities: Overall Responsibilities:
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Support a mix of strategic and operational projects such as developing automated data analysis, creating dashboards, deriving insights from complex data, service metrics tracking and analysis.
- Own regular cadence of reporting and analysis of our organization?s operational performance.
- recruiting programs
- Work with team leads to identify key metrics we can use to track the health of our recruiting operations. Set benchmarks and ensure we have the necessary dashboards to track progress and are reviewing progress regularly.
- Automate day-to-day tasks across our team using Apps Script.
- Analyze key operational metrics and provide inputs for annual business planning. Perform ad-hoc analyses to answer various specific business questions and provide actionable insights to inform operational decisions.
- Create and maintain dashboards to provide insights and visibility into key strategic and operational performance of the organization
- Design and execute automation for tasks that improve the quality, speed and cost-effectiveness of our
BA/BS degree (preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or related fields) or equivalent practical experience.
skills: Required Skills:
Nice to have skills/Not Required:
- 2-3+ years of working experience
- Deep analytical and data-driven problem solving skills, including dashboard development.
- SQL, database and spreadsheet expert: Ability to extract, analyze and manipulate data in a variety of applications and formats.
- Experience defining meaningful metrics for an operations or support team
- An ability to conceive, implement and present dashboards and reports in a variety of formats to key stakeholders in order to monitor team health, operational bandwidth, and other useful metrics.
- Experience managing cross-functional technical projects for the complete life cycle, with competing resources and priorities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate across multiple types of audiences
- Proficient with Google Sheets, Google Docs & Google Slides.
- Ability to identify data, reporting and automation needs and either write queries or scripts or partner with other teams to make those ideas a reality.
- Technical aptitude and highly analytical: a strong willingness to dive in and learn on the go
- Can use statistical concepts (inference, hypothesis testing) to inform decision making
- Ability to think 'out of the box' and bring creative, nonstandard, and innovative solutions to the table.
- A strong sense of focus and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to quickly complete a large volume of high-quality work in a very fast-paced environment.
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to establish effective relationships, influence, drive consensus and collaborate internally and externally at all organizational levels.
- Proven ability to multitask, analyze opportunities, define successful approaches, and proactively solve problems.
- Thorough knowledge of user-centered design, user research methods, iterative development processes, and usability principles.
- Experience creating and maintaining program schedules using project management systems
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.