Want to develop cool technology that helps our clients make smarter decisions? As a member of the Enterprise Intelligence Software business unit, a high-growth, incubator business backed by the financial strength of the company, you will be instrumental in creating new breakthrough products. Our motto is "Have Fun At Work" and we want employees who enjoy their work. We collectively work together in agile teams to drive our business forward. We are looking for collaborative individuals to join our family and contribute to our success. Inspired? Motivated? Think you can do it? Come join us!
The candidate selected will be part of a larger product development team responsible for building reusable components and solutions. These teams are located in downtown Chicago and responsible for innovative solutions using various machine data and sensors. New actionable insights and applications will be developed using predictive analytics models and machine learning. The solutions will be deployed in both Cloud and On-Premise environments depending on the customer. This team uses the latest technologies and methods such as Deep Learning, Spark, Cassandra, Hazelcast, GraphQL, Docker, Kubernetes. Our customers are spread out over many domains including transport & logistics, healthcare, retail and manufacturing.
location: Vernon Hills, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $66.00 - 69.93 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
Working within a cross functional, Agile development team, this API Developer will be responsible for hands on development and technical delivery of innovative components used in data driven solutions. The candidate is someone who understands and is proficient in designing comprehensive, scalable, secured and cross functional APIs using technologies such as, API gateways, and swaggers. The candidate should be self-motivated and drive through rapidly changing requirements typically found in innovative business units.
- 5+ years of production software development experience
- Experience in highly Agile development teams
- Experience in API development, including externally exposed APIs
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Proven problem solver and impediment remover, finds solution to blockers and helps resolve technical issues quickly to achieve sprint goal.
skills: - Must have experience/knowledge of API gateways.
- Working knowledge of NodeJS.
- Working knowledge in API designs
- Strong interest in product development and building extensible frameworks.
- Knowledge of NoSQL systems like Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redis
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Oauth2 security
- Experience developing micro services using, REST, JSON, etc.
- Knowledge of messaging brokers such as Kafka
- Knowledge of GraphQL, ELK, KStream, and Java is a plus. Apigee exp. is a huge plus.
- Continuously improve, refine and refactor the code.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Computer Information Systems
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.