Acts as the principal designer for major systems and their subsystems utilizing a thorough understanding of available technology, tools and existing designs. Provides comprehensive consultation to business unit and IT management and staff at the highest technical level on all phases of application programming and processes for diverse development platforms, computing environments (e.g., host based, distributed systems, client server, software, hardware, technologies and tools, etc.). Works closely with client, IT management and staff to identify application development solutions, new or modified programs, reuse of existing code through the use of program development software alternatives, or integration of purchased solutions or a combination of the available alternatives. Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost effective application programming solution. May code new or modified programs, reuse existing code through the use of program development software alternatives and/or integrates purchased solutions. Documents, tests, implements and provides on-going support for the applications. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, at least eight, typically ten or more years of solid, diverse work experience in IT with a minimum of six years' experience application program development, or the equivalent in education and work experience.
location: Nashville, Tennessee
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 50 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
responsibilities: Additional Info:
- Production Support of SQL Server data warehouse
- Automation of manual processes
- Support testing and defect resolution
- Requirements review/analysis
- Technical design & data modeling
- Development of database structures and reporting
- SQL Server Database coding - Stored Procedures, jobs, etc.
- SQL Server Integration Services
- Query Performance Tuning
- New process documentation
- Meeting facilitation
qualifications: Education and Experience:
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and at least six years' experience as Business Analyst, Systems Analyst, Developer, or related field required.
- At least 5-7 yrs.' experience in Information Technology and RDBMs
- 3-5 yrs.' experience as ETL/Database Developer in the Medicare/Medicaid or Healthcare space
- Must have strong communication skills
- Must be process oriented with close attention to detail
- Experience working with data warehouse
- Experience with SQL Server 2008 / 2012
- Must collaborate well with others and be team oriented
- Basic SSIS skills/familiarity is a plus but not required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.