job summary: Project Overview:
The Google Assistant Mobile Program Management team is looking for a Program Manager to drive critical engineering components of the Assistant program. The team is quickly expanding to new devices and locations around the world, adding exciting capabilities to make the Assistant more expressive as well as more useful in everyday lives.
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $66.48 - 73.06 per hour
work hours: 9 to 6
responsibilities: Overall Responsibilities:
You will work on mobile device app development (across Android and iOS) and back end infrastructure projects that support the features on mobile, to push forward complex, multi-disciplinary engineering efforts internally, using your judgment, organizational, and cross functional skills. This will involve planning and ushering efforts through the project lifecycle, managing tasks through bug tracking tools, helping identify risks and dependencies, and clearly communicating these items to stakeholders. Our team's goal is to deliver new projects and features that delight users and drive usage around the world. Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Project Management - Usher projects through the entire project life cycle. Manage project schedules, identify risks and clearly communicate them to project stakeholders. Guide launch management of major user/developer advocacy programs and experience changes. Lead major product launches and manage dependencies across Engineering and Product teams as well as cross-functional teams (e.g. legal, privacy, marketing, etc.).
- Operational Tasks - Using internal tools to perform and manage the bug triage process, sprint retrospectives, progress tracking and communication.
- Process Optimization - Define and implement best practices that will help improve efficiency, reduce redundancy, and strengthen communication. Measure efficacy of programs and assist with coordination and tracking of resourcing such as headcount and budget.
Bachelor's degree in technical or business related field. In lieu of degree, 4 years experience in technical or business related field
skills: Required Skills:
Nice to Have Skills/Not Required:
- Experience with project management and with aligning multiple groups around a single objective.
- Exposure/experience with software program management or software development.
- Familiarity with Android or iOS app development, or familiarity with backend infrastructure development.
- Experience with program management for complex projects that span multiple teams in geographically disparate locations.
- A successful track record of managing complex cross-functional projects: setting goals and getting things done effectively and efficiently.
- Comfortable/thrives with a certain amount of chaos/ambiguity.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.