- Provides design development of projects involving application development, migrations, and additions to existing applications.
- Participates in project meetings with other technical staff, business owners and subject matter experts.
- Assesses and develops design requirements for project and communicates in writing or in meetings with development team while assessing detailed specifications against design requirements.
- Reviews application in progress of development to ensure compliance with overall design parameters and corporate development standards.
- Develops and/or reviews development of test protocols for testing application before user acceptance.
- Reviews test results and directs further development.
- May serve as technical lead, architect, project lead or principle developer.
- May provide, or guide provision of technical support to applications currently in production.
- May mentor or guide work of less experienced programming and development staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
location: Jacksonville, Florida
job type: Contract
salary: $55.00 - 62.33 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
- Works closely with customers, business analysts, and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions.
- These solutions must be aligned with business and IT strategies and comply with the organization's architectural standards. Involved in the full systems life cycle, design, coding, testing, implementation, maintenance and support of applications software that is delivered on time and within budget.
- Responsibilities may also include participation in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring and product evaluation.
- Has a solid understanding of systems analysis, design, development, and quality assurance and integration methodologies.
- Knowledge of Client's business environment and the application development environment
- Java application development experience required
- Experience with Eclipse, MS SQL, Tomcat, and Linux required
- Experience with uDeploy preferred
- Experience with Microsoft TFS preferred
- Proficiency in HTML design and all versions of HTML programming
- Experience building and supporting applications
- Excellent analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop partnership-oriented relationships with business executives and functional leaders, especially as it relates to operations and technology
- Must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment with focus on timeliness, documentation, and communications with peers and business users alike
- Experience with project management
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels within or outside the organization (executives, regulators, clients, etc.)
- Results oriented, business focused, and successful at interfacing across multiple organizational units
skills: RANDSTAD TECHNOLOGIES IS SEEKING A LEAD JAVA DEVELOPER FOR A 3 MONTH CONTRACT TO HIRE OPPORTUNITY IN JACKSONVILLE, FL. MUST NOT REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE. Top 3-6 technical requirements:
- 8+ Years of Java Development Experience
- Lead/mentor experience
- Ex. with Sql Server, Linux, Tomcat, Active MQ, Web Services, TFS
- Understanding of SDLC
- Solid Comm Skills
- Relational Databases
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.