The PaaS team is a new function being created to engineer the Everything as a Service (EaaS) PaaS. EaaS is one of four initiatives under Strategy 2020.
The team will be part of Application and Web Platforms, a function responsible for our strategic platforms for application hosting workloads including: Java, JEE, Web, CMS, Messaging, BI, Logging, Storage and other use cases under the auspices of EaaS.
location: Jacksonville, Florida
job type: Contract
work hours: 9 to 5
education: No Degree Required
- Contributing to the technical design and implementation of the Platform as a Service Platform (PaaS).
- Installation, configuration and integration of Openshift/Kubernetes (PaaS) software infrastructure.
- Very Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration and Kernel Performance Tuning.
- Very Strong knowledge of container (Docker) technology and container orchestration
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Ansible, Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- A working understanding of code (GoLang) and script (PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
- Installation and configuration of monitoring tools like Prometheus, grafana or an equivalent.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Experience of working with Public cloud providers like Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google cloud or an equivalent
- Working with platform customers to pilot PaaS technologies before productising the deliverables.
- Liaising with Vendor and existing platform owners, contributing to the overall strategy of application workload delivery on to PaaS.
- Participate in PaaS community development by contributing technical expertise through various channels including DB's internal social media, brown bag sessions and formal communication events.
- Pursue the ongoing engineering of the PaaS ensuring it remains fit for purpose and aligned with our strategic objectives.
- Provide direct support for PaaS Platform.
Experience of logging and analytic technologies such as Splunk, ELK and Squirro
- Experience of one or more of the following JEE application servers : Oracle Weblogic, Redhat Jboss, Apache Tomcat
- Understanding of Software Load balancers like AVI, HAproxy, Nginx and Envoy
- Understanding of Cloud Native applications and Twelve Factor Application design.
- Strong Technical/Architectural/Solution Design experience.
- Software development experience.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools.
- Experience with systems and IT operations.
- Strong grasp of automation tools.
- A strong focus on business outcomes.
- Experience using both UNIX and Microsoft Windows environments.
- Strong integration experience and system development expertise within a financial institution and highly regulated/controlled environment.
- Integration of PaaS technologies in Polyglot environments, ideally: Java, Perl and .Net.
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders.
- Ability to work with multiple IaaS providers.
- A degree or equivalent.
skills: Biggest needs are UNIX/Linux, Docker, Cloud technologies.
Nice to haves-
Software based load balancers
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.