Randstad Technologies is looking for a BI Architect for a Direct hire position at one of our clients Atlanta, GA. They need someone that will focus on driving the creation and execution of a business intelligence and data strategy.
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9 to 5
The Business Intelligence Architect will focus on driving the creation and execution of a business intelligence and data strategy. They will work directly with business and technology stakeholders and team member to define, design, and deliver solutions that provide actionable insights. They will drive and execute in an agile process to ensure consistent, frequent, quality deliverables are deployed.
- Formulate and recommend standards for achieving maximum performance and efficiency of the BI/DW ecosystem.
- Facilitate the creation and execution of an ongoing BI/DW strategy inclusive of existing and available technology.
- Interview stakeholders and develop BI/DW roadmap given project prioritization and budget.
- Participate in the planning for retirement of systems and migration of system architecture.
- Assist in the development of business cases and ROI for department to gain approval from senior management.
- Contribute to the selection and implementation of BI/DW technologies.
- Evangelize self-service BI and visual discovery while helping to change the Excel based culture.
- Champion data quality, integrity, and reliability throughout the department and organization by defining and promoting best practices.
- Lead the creation and implementation of a formalized data governance strategy inclusive of business and technology stakeholders.
- Provide assistance and mentoring to BI/DW team members.
- Provide technical training to team members and stakeholders to foster cross-departmental collaboration.
At least 10 years of experience designing and delivering BI/DW solutions.
At least 10 years of experience with OLTP and OLAP database models.
Fluent in relational database concepts and practices.
Fluent in data management / data quality concepts and practices.
Familiar with non-relationship database (e.g. NoSQL, Hadoop, etc...) technologies.
Experienced with agile delivery methodology.
Healthcare or insurance experience desired but not required.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to groom and mentor resources.
- Ability to work in a distributed, virtual environment where colleagues and stakeholders may not be co-located.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills. Must be comfortable working with and interacting with all levels of internal and external resources from task level contributor or C-level sponsor.
- Ability to define, implement, and evolve processes necessary to deliver noted areas of responsibility.
- Ability to lead and directly contribute to multiple, simultaneous initiatives including the ongoing development and enhancement of the people, process, and technology within the noted areas of responsibility.
- Technical skills -- Hands on experience in the administration and utilization of the technologies (or similar) below...
- Database technologies: DB2, Netezza, SQL Server, MySQL
- ETL technologies: RedPoint Data Management, Data Stage, SSIS
- BI technologies: Qlik Sense, Power BI, AWS QuickSight, ThoughtSpot, Cognos
- Cloud technologies: AWS, Azure
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.