Under the general direction of the IT Director, this position maintains and creates databases and related applications and gathers, maintains, and refines data in various Company databases and systems. The position is a resource to other departments, including IT, Engineering, Finance, NOC, Service Fulfillment, and Service Delivery.
- Essential Functions
- Provide information and reports from various databases
- Maintain databases and data sets.
- Perform data migration tasks.
- Support desktop end users, resolve issues, and provide basic assistance with various applications, including ERP, SharePoint, and Salesforce.com.
- Perform lightweight database development work, including writing of stored procedures, data update queries, and automated jobs.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position is expected to monitor and occasionally respond to email and text messages after hours and respond to phone calls 24 hours a day.
- Data entry, information gathering and refinement, data querying, data reconciliation, and reporting
- The ability to accurately process data, verify data validity, and double check work for errors
- Technical description writing, creation of professional documentation, basic diagramming and flow charting
- SQL, stored procedures, views, and triggers
- End user application support
- Microsoft SQL Server administration
- Microsoft IIS basic administration
- Microsoft SharePoint administration
- Salesforce.com basic administration
- Basic MySQL administration
- Creation of one-time ad hoc reports and regular periodic reports
- Crystal Reports
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Dynamics SL administration, data importation, and troubleshooting
skills: Required Education and Experience
- Any technical certifications and/or technical training in personal computer hardware and/or software, servers, local and wide area networks, and/or communications highly desirable.
- Minimum of five years of related IT work experience.
- Ability to transport self to various facility sites as required.
- If using own motor vehicle, must possess a valid state driver's license and proof of insurance that meets the minimum standards of the state.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or equivalent technical or professional experience related to Information Technology.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.