The Director E-Commerce Sales is accountable for executing an aggressive sales strategy that supports the Organizations business development goals and objectives. The primary objective of the role is to source and secure profitable new revenue/clients through new major accounts and customer acquisition in the retail e-commerce space.
location: Bost, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Become well versed with Organizations strategic priorities, capabilities, service offerings, value proposition, competitive differentiation and sources of competitive advantage.
- Actively prospect and develop a qualified new business opportunity pipeline specifically targeting e-Commerce retail customers that supports the annual account and revenue targets.
- Cultivate and expand strategic retailer relationships through assessing and understanding the client activities and identifying both short and long term needs.
- Manage the full sales cycle, from the proposal stage through to contract negotiation and full project deployment.
- Generate innovative ideas on ways to navigate through the ever-changing online e-Commerce space and grow profitable sales while improving our competitive advantage.
- Manage accurate lead, pipeline and forecast reporting on a regular basis and maintain data integrity into the CRM database in Salesforce.com.
- Collaborate with Pre-Sales and Product Marketing to create joint demand generation strategies, potential client use cases and various programs and activities.
- Attend networking events to promote and identify potential future clients.
Capability Requirements - education, skills & experience
- Post-secondary education with a degree in Business or Marketing. MBA an asset.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years or more of related e-Commerce sales experience in a Sales/Business Development role focused on the Retail Industry targeting marketing departments
- Experience at engaging C-Level leadership (CEO, CMO and Chief Digital Officers) or senior line of business executives (SVP/VP eCommerce, Marketing, Loyalty) within a retail organization.
- Highly motivated with a proven track record of delivering profitable retail solution sales growth though B2B and B2C channels.
- Experience with a Loyalty, CRM, Personalization or Marketing solutions preferred.
- Must possess solid, verifiable track record in over/achievement of successful revenue generation and Business Development. Only proven closers will be considered.
- Must have and be able to leverage an existing network of prospective clients.
- Proven ability to identify key decision-makers and sell technology-enabled large scale line of business solutions to large omni-channel retail accounts.
- Proven experience with successful pricing, negotiation and contracting of commercial deals.
- Must have expert presentation skills and superior communication ability.
- Exceptional relationship management skills with demonstrated sales and technical savvy.
- Possess sound analytical skills, strong prospecting, business planning and sales execution skills.
- Excellent computer skills including, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint) and CRM database Salesforce.com.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with ability to manage change seamlessly.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, mostly remotely.
- Must have ability to travel as required.
skills: The Director E-Commerce Sales is accountable for executing an aggressive sales strategy that supports the Organizations business development goals and objectives. The primary objective of the role is to source and secure profitable new revenue/clients through new major accounts and customer acquisition in the retail e-commerce space.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.