job summary: Essential Functions
Achieves marketing objectives for one or more key categories by collaborating with suppliers and agencies; working with key stakeholders and internal marketing customers; motivating and influencing cross-functional teams; and implementing the internal communications strategy.
Develops annual plan(s) for one or more key categories by collaborating with Merchandising, Operations, and Marketing leadership; working with cross-functional departmental experts (for example, Channel, Site Merchandising, Consumer Insights); integrating site experience, new product and/or concept testing and rollout, media strategy and planning, and stores into the annual plan; developing innovative marketing programs; and following up to ensure the annual plan is executed and that changes and challenges are addressed.
Manages project and initiative performance by planning campaign budgets and sales forecasts; estimating project costs; executing campaigns; measuring results or outcomes (for example, sales, traffic, conversion); and determining future campaign plans based on the findings.
Drives sales growth and changes in customer attitudes and behaviors for one or more key categories by staying up-to-date on new industry trends; working with cross-functional teams to develop integrated marketing campaigns; ensuring agencies and internal teams are producing work that reflects and communicates Walmart's strategies and objectives; working with internal teams to develop strategic plans and goals for overall marketing calendar and specific campaigns; and analyzing program results and return-on-investment (ROI).
Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders; supporting plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; and demonstrating adaptability and promoting continuous learning.
Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by hiring and training; mentoring; assigning duties; providing recognition; and ensuring diversity awareness.
Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executing business processes and practices. Competencies
Customer/Member Centered: Focus on the Customer/Member - Reviews customer/member-focused data and adjusts performance to address findings. Promotes and supports associate efforts to exceed customer/member expectations. Informs associates on how to identify and locate resources to meet the diverse needs of customers/members.
Judgment: Use Appropriate Judgment - Identifies, reviews, and applies policies and procedures to make informed judgments. Identifies and uses facts, information, and expertise to set priorities and make informed decisions. Uses data and evidence to determine the causes of problems and develop solutions to address them.
Execution and Results: Manage Execution and Results - Holds associates accountable for completing work within expectations and time requirements. Plans and manages own and others' time, based on business priorities, and follows up to ensure all work requirements are completed in a timely and accurate manner. Identifies and obtains the resources needed to complete projects. Encourages associates to strive for excellence, efficiency, and quality in work practices.
Planning and Improvement: Plan and Pursue Team-Based Improvement - Coordinates and aligns planning with organizational initiatives and direction. Looks at work plans and makes changes, as needed, to achieve team or work group objectives. Sets realistic timelines for goal accomplishment. Improves work processes and practices to increase performance and results.
Influence and Communicate: Increase Commitment - Promotes ideas and links them to business needs and benefits. Builds trusting, cooperative relationships and alliances with others, inside and outside of the organization. Effectively communicates clear, up-to-date information on business plans and priorities (for example, change initiatives). Shares experience and ideas with associates across the organization.
Ethics and Compliance: Manage Ethics and Compliance - Instructs associates on how to act in accordance with policies and procedures, and supports their efforts in doing so. Ensures associates demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethics in work situations. Corrects ethical and compliance issues, enforcing compliance and administering appropriate consequences as needed.
Adaptability: Quickly Adapt - Demonstrates creativity and strength in the face of change, obstacles, and adversity. Adapts to competing demands and shifting priorities. Updates knowledge and skills to handle new complexities, challenges, and responsibilities. Seeks exposure to new ideas and perspectives. Helps associates adjust to and develop the capabilities needed to implement organizational change initiatives.
Talent: Supervise Associates - Provides specific, honest, accurate, and timely feedback on associate performance. Assigns tasks to associates that fit their skill levels and maximize team performance. Uses people processes (for example, selection, development, performance evaluation) to ensure effective associate performance. Recruits and hires the associates needed to meet business requirements. Teaches, guides, and assists in the development of associates. Physical Activities
- Observes associate, customer, or supplier behavior.
- Enters and locates information on computer.
- Presents information to small or large groups and individuals.
- Communicates effectively in person or by using telecommunications equipment.
- Creates documents, reports, etc., using a writing instrument (such as a pencil or pen) or computer.
- Visually verifies information, often in small print.
- Reads information, often in small print.
location: San Bruno, California
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 66 per hour
work hours: 9 to 6
- Develop category specific, customer-centric, marketing plans with attention to detail; focused on driving combinations of awareness, acquisition and retention.
- Liaise heavily with media, brand, and retention teams to ensure business objectives and supporting key marketing strategies are met in a timely manner and within budget.
- Leverage internal creative teams and agencies to build breakthrough creative to drive category adoption and growth.
- Obtain deep category knowledge to help drive category growth at scale and influence marketing-adjacent decisions (pricing, product launches, merchandising, assortment, curation, packaging, design).
- Collaborate heavily with Retail category teams.
- Manage relationships with business partners within the Retail organization to ensure alignment on goals and visibility into Marketing's impact; identify and seek approval to attack new opportunities.
- Build, track, and monitor category-specific marketing performance; manage campaigns (leveraging various internal marketing teams and agencies when needed); track to specific forecast and budget.
- Grow an understanding of consumer habits for your categories (online and offline) through 1st and 3rd party data and research, to effectively and efficiently acquire and retain customers and grow LTV.
- Ideate on and share results cross-functionally, constantly. Act as ambassador for your categories marketing across walmart.com cross-functional teams.
- Partner with internal and external leaders (design, merchandising, tech, product management, and senior executives) to deliver on cross-functional marketing campaigns with tight timelines, high visibility, and material impact.
- Establish and maintain expert knowledge of the latest innovations and opportunities impacting the marketing landscape and our partners.
- Develops business strategies for assigned Marketing categories (for example, search engine optimization (SEO)) Develops continuous improvements to online marketing systems, processes, and capabilities Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects Ensures business needs are being met Manages the budget for assigned Marketing category (for example, search engine optimization (SEO)) Manages vendor relationships and contracts for Marketing initiatives Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
Bachelors degree in Business, Communications, or related field and 5+ years of experience in marketing or related field OR 8+ years of experience in marketing or related field.
- 8+ years in ecommerce and/or acquisition marketing.
- Experience working cross-functionally in a highly matrixed organization and building plans both top-down and bottoms-up.
- Ability to manage E2E marketing campaigns (from briefing through measurement) focused on different stages of the acquisition funnel.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with a high attention to detail. Sharp creative eye, experience testing and learning messaging and creative.
- Risk-taker, comfortable in fast-paced environment; go-getter, capable of managing multiple projects, priorities.
- Creative and collaborative team player who can work with multiple cross-functional stakeholder groups, influence decisions, and work under pressure.
- Proven ability to work with data to understand and analyze performance, optimize plans, drive decisions, and measure impact to the business.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Business, Communications, or related field and 3 years experience in marketing or related field.
- Master's degree in Business Administration or related field.
- 1 year of supervisory experience.
- 3 years experience in direct or indirect retail marketing, including product marketing and brand management.
- 2 years experience in online marketing.
- 2 years experience managing vendor contracts and relationships.
- 1 year experience managing cross-functional teams.
- Vertical experience in one or more of the associated categories.
- Merchandising and/or curation experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.