The Principal Software Engineer position will be responsible for hands-on development as well as lead the development of Next Generation Enterprise solutions for Global eCommerce.
They will be responsible for application development in support of the multi-platform roadmap.
This position will be responsible for application architecture, ensure high performance, scalability and availability for those applications.
location: Sunnyvale, California
job type: Contract
salary: $102.00 - 112.20 per hour
work hours: 9 to 6
responsibilities: Areas of responsibility include:
- Innovate and drives technical vision and influences product roadmap and vision
- Leads and directs in large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects
- Leads the discovery phase of large projects to develop high level design
- Lead & Supervise the work of cross-functional groups of engineers, including offshore associates
- Directs root cause analysis of critical business and production issues
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Influence decisions, builds consensus, and resolves conflicts constructively and proactively
- Supports business objectives and ensures the business needs are being met
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems
- 10+ years of experience in eCommerce Software development
- 8+ years of programming experience in architecting highly scalable & performing Web Applications
- 8+ years of programming experience using Java, JMS/Messaging, RDMS, REST & Web Services
- 5+ years of developing / architecting high transaction high throughput systems is a must
- 5+ years of experience with integrating 3rd party solutions in existing architecture
- 4+ years of experience with Open Source technologies
- 4+ years of developing / architecting high transaction high throughput systems is a must
- 3+ years of experience in agile ways of working in a distributed geographical model
- 2+ years of experience with NoSQL systems with proficiency in Cassandra is a must Additional Preferred Qualifications
- MS in computer science or engineering preferred - Experience in Enterprise integration patterns and solution
- Experience in Retail or eCommerce domain is preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.